Chime in if you've been to the Sinister Soiree

Pixeldust Fairy

DIS Veteran
I am seriously considering doing the Sinister Soiree, BUT..... I'm not sure if we will get to enjoy the line free rides, and the characters down on the ground with all the previous information I have heard. From what I gather, is that quite a bit of time is spent on SS events such as parade, fireworks and castle allotted time. Please chime in if you feel this is worth the 100$ price per person, or if we should stick to just the Party.

I am so torn.

BTW. We are a party of 2 adults, 1 of which has never experienced MNSSHP and 1 has. This info may be relevant to your answer.

TIA

I say ask your self why you bought tickets to the party, and your answer will come to you.

Personally I bought tickets for THE PARTY, not to gain entrance to the castle. I can see the parade anywhere along the route, I can watch the fireworks anywhere in the park. The only thing that $100 is getting me is, is inside the castle, and even then its not a real meal I'm getting. For me its not worth paying $100 to miss out on the experiences I paid $ $66.03 for

Not yet but: check here a very very long thread Check first page and then hop over to approx. page 80 where personal reporting is being posted, some even have pictures.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3321440&highlight=villains+sinister+soiree

FWIW I was very against it, now I have changed my opinion and am anxiously looking forward to it. Also Pete ( owner of these boards ) gave a review you'll find it above very top of this page under BLOG and Kenny www.kennythepirate.com gave a review too

I say ask your self why you bought tickets to the party, and your answer will come to you.

Personally I bought tickets for THE PARTY, not to gain entrance to the castle. I can see the parade anywhere along the route, I can watch the fireworks anywhere in the park. The only thing that $100 is getting me is, is inside the castle, and even then its not a real meal I'm getting. For me its not worth paying $100 to miss out on the experiences I paid $ $66.03 for

Ultimately, I am disappointed that the Villains have been moved up to the castle. Of the characters in the castle for the soiree, I would like to meet the Evil Queen, Maleficent, and Dr. Facilier

So I guess you're right. It's not that worth it. Thank you for chiming in. :)

Not yet but: check here a very very long thread Check first page and then hop over to approx. page 80 where personal reporting is being posted, some even have pictures.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3321440&highlight=villains+sinister+soiree

FWIW I was very against it, now I have changed my opinion and am anxiously looking forward to it. Also Pete ( owner of these boards ) gave a review you'll find it above very top of this page under BLOG and Kenny www.kennythepirate.com gave a review too

This is how I feel. I go back and forth with my decision. Do you know if anyone has been able to secure a Soiree on the day of.. Kind of like last minute Joe type?

I have no idea ... if I had to guess, no I won't even guess ;) I wouldn't want to give you any wrong info.

I would read the reviews with an open mind, then decide.

We went to the Soiree. I don't think it was worth it and we wouldn't do it again. The characters themselves are great or maybe I should say evil,;). However it really takes alot of time aways from the party. Also, none of us liked the desserts offered. Our reservation was for the 10:15 party. We left a little early around 11pm. We didn't get to even trick or treat, mostly because we were so tired by the end of the soiree that we left, getting back to the resort around midnight.

I agree with this. It's just my husband and I going to the party. Our main reasons for going are to enjoy the atmosphere of the park, go on rides with short lines, see the parade and fireworks, and maybe even do some trick-or-treating. Since we're not planning to camp out on Main Street for an hour to see the parade and fireworks (we're fine seeing them from the less-crowded areas), going to the soiree wouldn't really add anything to our experience- it would only take away from the other things we want to do. Now if your main reason for going is to meet characters, the soiree may be a better value for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter