Chilly's Very Own Fairytale - Day 4 (part 2 posted)

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
December 28th 2009

Today was my 29th birthday and it started rather early with the alarm going off at 4.45am. Mike had booked a surprise for my birthday, I had an idea what it was, mainly because my Dad had not wanted to come, and I was right, we were going on a hot air balloon. We picked Mum and Dave up at 5.30am as we had to be at the Ramada hotel by 6am.

Once there we headed out with 32 people and lots of people who worked for the company in a fleet of vans to the site we would launch from. We travelled for quite a period and went really far "off-road" before we came to the right place. Then it was time to set up the balloon and Mike helped.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon186.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon187.jpg

Take off was no problem and before you knew it we were floating over Orlando, it was so peaceful up there, I loved it.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon188.jpg

The company we were with put up 2 ballons that morning and 2 further balloons launched from the same field as us and we saw some others while up there.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon193.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon192.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon191.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon190.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon189.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon203.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon199.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon197.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon196.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon195.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon205.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon204.jpg

Cont below

After we landed we had to all help pack the balloon away and then we had champagne and everyone sang happy birthday to me. We headed back to the Ramada and were not that far away, were we had a breakfast buffet. We dropped my parents back at their hotel and told them we'd ring them later. I sent my Dad a text telling him how it had gone and that i'd speak to him later as Mike and I now had to head over to the courthouse to get our marriage license. I had printed out directions and off we went. We were on the road and it just seemed to go on forever and we atarted to get worried that we'd missed the turning but we eventually saw it and got parked no problem. Into the courthouse we went and joined the line we needed. While Mike queued I filled out the form we needed and then we waited, the queue moved quite slowly and most people seemed to be doing passport forms but we did see one other couple who were getting married but they actually got married in the next room in jeans and brown t-shirts. Mike thought it was quite funny that we had to swear to God. The journey back to the Poly went much quicker and I was feeling very happy until my Dad sent me a text message that annoyed me.

The weather was lovely so I got changed then I rang my Mum and they were still at their hotel, they had decided just to have a nap after the early morning so we drove over and picked them up and headed over to DHS where my Dad was.

WDWWeddingDad020.jpg

WDWWeddingDad021.jpg

WDWWeddingDad022.jpg

WDWWeddingDad027.jpg

WDWWeddingDad043.jpg

We met up with him and it turns out he had been there since 9am, it is now 2pm, but he doesn't seem to have done anything in those 5 hours. We check the timetable and see a Lights etc show is on in a bit so we show my parents round the park a bit before heading over there.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon225.jpg

Everyone enjoys the show and we decide to see Indy next but again we have some time to kill so we get my Dad a jumper in the Star Wars shop and go to get some hot drinks. At this point the temperature drops and I am now very cold. We head towards Indy but the thought of sitting in the cold is so very not appealing but our dinner ADR at 50's PTC is not for hours yet and I start to feel sick again and very stessed and I burst into tears again (did I mention my birthday is cursed). After i've calmed down we go into Sounds Dangerous as its inside and I have a think, I want to see the Osborne Lights but after that I think it best I go back to the hotel which everyone is happy to do.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon226.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon228.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon230.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon229.jpg

I continue to feel ill while we walk round and all the way back to the hotel. I'll again end this day here as no one wants to hear what comes next.

Glad you enjoyed your Birthday surprise Claire. We really didn't enjoy our balloon flight on our honeymoon back in 2004 but I suspect that our expectations were too high (plus we couldn't see a damn thing since it was so foggy). Looks very clear for you :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the rest - oh, and Happy Birthday :hug:

Glad you enjoyed your Birthday surprise Claire. We really didn't enjoy our balloon flight on our honeymoon back in 2004 but I suspect that our expectations were too high (plus we couldn't see a damn thing since it was so foggy). Looks very clear for you :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the rest - oh, and Happy Birthday :hug:

It was very clear and I had remembered what you had said in your TR so knew what to expect.

Glad the balloon trip went well.
We love the Osbourne lights.

Aww im so sorry you ended up in tears again, weddings and families and holidays.....not the greatest combination !!!

A great day other than the family issues & sickness.

Lovely pics from the balloon.

Shame this was another stressful day for you, not a great way to spend your holiday or your birthday, but totally understandable given the circumstances. :hug:

Really enjoying reading this, can't wait for the wedding. :)

WOW ..... the balloon flight looks amazing. I would love to do that one day :goodvibes. Sorry you were feeling unwell towards the end of the day ...pre-wedding stress no doubt. Hope you are feeling better again in tomorrow's report. :hug:

fab balloon ride,hope you feel better soon x

Loved your photos. Have always wanted to do a balloon flight, but have never had the courage. What a lovely birthday suprise though. Sorry you felt ill again.

Tina

It was lovely to read about your birthday surprise, and the pics are lovely, but I can safely say that wild horses wouldn't be able to drag me onto a balloon ~ not even with the promise of champagne afterwards :rotfl2:

:hug: Sorry you were feeling poorly again hun

Just catching up, Claire - the balloon flight looks incredible BTW!!! Great way to celebrate a birthday!!! Sorry that you weren't feeling too good, hun - was it stress, do you think??

Just read your reports so far - certainly a mix of things going on :eek:

Your hotel room looks lovely and your trial hair and make up looked beautiful. Just hope you managed to shake off the sickness.:)

Hi Claire

Just wanted to say I am really enjoying your trip report so far.

We share the same birthday:) I wish it was my 29th again;) It's great spending your birthday at WDW.

Sorry to read you weren't feeling well again.

What a great birthday surprise - the photos of the balloon trip look great :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling too good again though:sick: Hopefully you'll be better soon

Hope you don't mind me joining
I have really enjoyed reading your trip report so far :thumbsup2
Your hair and make up looks so lovely, can't wait to see the dress :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter