Chilly's Happy Ever After Day 4

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
Thursday 12th November

The first alarm this morning was Mike's phone ringing at 5.30am but we managed to go back to sleep, the second alarm was Mike suddenly waking me up saying shouldn't we be up by now? No darling read the itinerary, today was supposed to be a lie in. We went in to wake Freya up who was still sleeping on the mattress and found her on the floor with her head under the cot. We got ready really slowly then realised we'd been a bit too slow and now we were running late for our ADR which wasn't helped by us forgetting Freya's hat and having to run back for it. We arrived at AK and quick marched to Tusker House for breakfast. Freya was very excited waiting to meet the characters and kept pointing to her dress which had Daisy on and asking where she was. When she saw her at last she was so happy.

Excuse my expression

Photo-bombed by Mickey

After we'd met all the characters we ate our fill. I really like the juice they serve here. This ended up being Mike's favourite character meal. We headed straight to our first FP of the day which was the safari. OMG the FP queue was HUGE. The queue did move quite quickly but it was still a bit of a wait. As usual though it was worth it and we saw lots of animals. However it took so long we'd missed out next FP to meet Mickey & Minnie but that was ok given we'd just met them at breakfast so i switched it to the Nemo show later.

We had a FP for the Lion King show coming up soon but my back was playing up so I found a seat to have a rest while Mike took Freya off to see some more animals. When it was time we headed to FOTLK and were sat in the Elephant section. We really love this show and i'm pretty sure Freya did as well. After the show we put Freya in her pushchair for a nap and we went down one of the trails to see amongst other things the gorillas and hippos. We realised we'd lost Freya's hat and glasses but thought about where they could be and luckily found them where i'd left them on top of a bin when i'd sat down because of my back. After that we got an ice cream (i think somehow this was the only Mickey bar I got all holiday) and had a sit down. I realised we weren't going to make Nemo so pushed it back to a later show and instead once Freya woke up we hoped the train. We met Chip n Dale and then Rafiki who had a wonderful photographer with him, excellent with children.

We headed outside next and Freya like brushing the goats. Got the train back again and realised we'd missed the Nemo show yet again. We found Baloo and King Louie so queued up to meet them which took quite a while as they were on a break but it was worth waiting for as they were great with Freya and Baloo autographed her copy of the Jungle Book which we'd brought with us. King Louie can't sign because of his arms which is funny as he's the one who could do it in real like as they have opposable thumbs.

At some point we had these photos taken!

We headed to the Boneyard playground next via a play on some drums which was one of those spontaneous holiday moments that end up being better than all the things you've planned. Freya had a real good run around at the playground which was good as it helped burn off some energy before we went to dinner.

Dinner tonight was at Sanaa which was a new one for us. We got the bread service to start which was huge, too big for 2 people really. For mains I got chicken and beef, and Mike had shrimp and seafood. Freya had the kids chicken and we got her some carrots as well. I had asked for them as a substitute but they brought them as an extra and charged them for us which i thought was a bit cheeky.

Steps today 15500

Last edited:
sanna food looks lovely !! that bread platter mmmm

we ended up playing those drums for ages , i love ak it always feels a bit more laid back for some reason

sanna food looks lovely !! that bread platter mmmm

we ended up playing those drums for ages , i love ak it always feels a bit more laid back for some reason

I always think AK seems hotter, probably why it was the only place I got a Mickey ice cream bar

Love the picture called excuse my expression! So funny haha. Freya looks sooooo happy to meet the characters. Sanaa bread service is my fav yummmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter