Chill Spa How Much To Tip

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by stulaurie, Mar 27, 2013.

1. stulaurie

stulaurie Mouseketeer

My teen will be getting a $89.00 massage on the Fantasy at the Chill Spa. Is the tip included? If not how much to tip. I will take care of the bill so she won't have to.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dharma517

dharma517 Mouseketeer

Tip is not included. 15-20% is customary. :)

4. ctalley

ctalley Mouseketeer

Thanks for asking! My dd is determined to experience the chill spa on the next trip.

5. MinnesotaMouseketeers

MinnesotaMouseketeers DIS Veteran

Second this :thumbsup2

6. runwad

runwad Dis Veteran

I take it you can either charge the tip to your stateroom or pay cash?

7. flexsmom

flexsmom <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Your teen will get a bill to sign just like the adults do, so you or she can add the tip there. I took advantage of this to make my daughter use her math skills to figure 20% (which shouldn't be hard at that age!) and sign the bill, so she knew what it was like to go through that process. I then showed up later to the spa to validate what she had signed. They were more than happy to tell me the total that had been charged to the room. (I'm willing to bet more than a few teens walk away without tipping....but hopefully I'm wrong about that.) I thought it was important for her to know how much it cost, how to tip, and hoped that she'd appreciate the gift that much more. I also thought it was important to doublecheck that the attendant had been properly tipped....."just in case"!