• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Childswap with FP+ question

Katmouse09

Earning My Ears
Can you still childswap with the new FP+ system? With old FP the whole party could show up, get a childswap pass. Firstmom go with the kids tall enough while dad waited with the child who was too short. Then mom would wait with the child who was too short while dad went on the ride with the kids who were tall enough? I ask because I have 3 kids, one of whom is probably not going to be 40 inches tall for our trip. Thanks!

We did this in January no problem. We were entitled to our three fast passes and if it happened to be one our little one couldn't ride then we did child swap. It's no different in theory. My DH and dd still went through the line (although quicker) and then when they we're done I used my child swap....

So, with 2 adults and 1 child (toddler), we only need 1 fastpass for that attraction?

Example:
Use Fp on Peter pan, ride as a family
FP for ETWBm ride as a family
1 adult get FP for Space Mountain, use Rider Swap
1 adult get FP for 7 Dwarves, Use Rider Swap

So, with 2 adults and 1 child (toddler), we only need 1 fastpass for that attraction? Example: Use Fp on Peter pan, ride as a family FP for ETWBm ride as a family 1 adult get FP for Space Mountain, use Rider Swap 1 adult get FP for 7 Dwarves, Use Rider Swap

Yes that should work just perfect! The person with the fast pass just tells the person they are doing child swap, sometimes they give you a card for you to give to your spouse when your done.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have to say, I was pretty concerned about Fastpass Plus, but for us and our young kids it was the best thing since sliced bread. We didn't have to drag out slow-starting family out of bed to get there at the crack of dawn, and the baby swap was fantastic. We made three FP+ reservations for me, DH and DS (6). Then two would ride, and they'd give us a paper FP for three riders to come back whenever (2-week window!). So DS got to ride twice in a row! And once or twice, the CM didn't even collect the swap FP. So we held on to a few of the swap FP's and we used them later in the week, and used our FP+ reservations for something else. And it was no problem getting FP's for whatever we wanted and changing them, which I was concerned about. The only thing we couldn't get was Wishes FP on the day-of. Not too shabby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter