Childs Vacation Kingdom Lunch Voucher

orrnluvswdw

Earning My Ears
Interested in purchasing these for our upcoming trip & am curious where are the better/good places to use these while in "The World?" I've read where Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom seem to be a WONDERFUL place to use these (they let you order off the regular menu) - anywhere else???? What about Cindy's Royal Table & Concourse Steak House -- good or bad to use them here? Do you have to order off the kids menu? Is there an age limit for children in using these? Looking for all or any expertise in using these!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!:earseek: :hyper:

What are these? I've heard of Q and C Vouchers, and the vouchers you can buy while at AK, but not Kingdom Lunch Vouchers...can somebody fill me in?

THANKS!

:confused:

orrnluvswdw,
I cannot comment on the CRT or Concourse Steakhouse, as we did not eat there. But we did eat at the RFC and had no problems using the Children's VKLs for the younger members of our party.

We also ate at the LTT in the MK and got exceptional service from our server, Maria. She made sure that the more expensive menu items were placed on the vouchers and that we had extra plates to share appetizers and desserts. We were a party of 8 (4 adults, DD14, DS12, DN7 and DN4). We used 3 adult and 1 child voucher and ended up only owing an additional $15 for the meal. I'm still not sure how that happened but we made sure that we added a big tip for Maria!

Mad4themouse:
When you used them in MK at LTT where you able to order their food off the regular menu (adult) or did you have to order off the childs menu? We've never eaten here, but this was on our to-do-list this time!!:tongue: We will also be a party of eight (2 children). Thanks for your wonderful insight!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

We recently used them at Alfredos in EPCOT. My DD had to order her meal from the child menu (she got spaghetti and meatballs), but she ordered her appetizer (pizza) and dessert (chocolate gelato) from the adult menu.

Pizza appetizer $9.95
Spaghetti and Meatballs $4.99
Dessert (I don't remember exactly) ~$6
Drink Kids Cappuccino $2.75
Approx. $24 worth

Plus it includes tax and tip.

I also used one adult voucher. This fed 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 kids (12 and 9 y.o.) My older DD and I ate the pizza appetizers (we got 2). My DH ate the adult entree and my younger DD ate the kids entree. We all shared the desserts.

maggie

Originally posted by maggiew
We recently used them at Alfredos in EPCOT. My DD had to order her meal from the child menu (she got spaghetti and meatballs), but she ordered her appetizer (pizza) and dessert (chocolate gelato) from the adult menu.

Pizza appetizer $9.95
Spaghetti and Meatballs $4.99
Dessert (I don't remember exactly) ~$6
Drink Kids Cappuccino $2.75
Approx. $24 worth

Plus it includes tax and tip.

I also used one adult voucher. This fed 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 kids (12 and 9 y.o.) My older DD and I ate the pizza appetizers (we got 2). My DH ate the adult entree and my younger DD ate the kids entree. We all shared the desserts.

maggie

Glad to hear this!!

We will be eating at Alfredos in October & I was worried that the child's voucher would be a waste if we couldn't order an appetizer.

Thanks for the info :wave: !
;) :D ,
Katie

Originally posted by orrnluvswdw
Mad4themouse:
When you used them in MK at LTT where you able to order their food off the regular menu (adult) or did you have to order off the childs menu? We've never eaten here, but this was on our to-do-list this time!!:tongue: We will also be a party of eight (2 children). Thanks for your wonderful insight!:Pinkbounc :bounce:
All the appetizers and desserts were ordered from the adult menu. The children had ordered from the kids' menu but I think Maria charged the adult entrées to the child vouchers. That's the only way that I can determine that the total came out so low for so much food. 2 kids' meals (with beverage included) and 2 adult beverages was all that was on the bill that we paid for out of pocket.

PS - DD14 is a vegetarian and ended up eating the fried cheese appetizer and Declaration Salad as her meal. Those were 2 of the appetizers of the 4 that were ordered. The other two were a second order of the fried cheese and the Maryland Crabcakes.

I just got back from WDW and I have some extra vouchers if anybody is interested. I was going to put them on ebay but I thought I would check here first. We found them to be a great deal if you planned your meals. We have a 4 yr old and 6 yr old and just ended up snacking it anytime they were hungry so we didnt use as many as expected.

Email me at madspence2@hotmail.com email me if interested
Thanks

We used the lunch vouchers at Sci-fi, Rainforest, and Le Cellier and at all three the waiters let our kids order off the adult menu.

You get so much food at the Rainforest, its incredible. First time I've ever seen my kids too full to finish all their desserts.

And the appetizers at the Sci-fi were a meal in themselves. We had 2 orders of onion rings which were huge, a crab dip, some tomato dish and a salad. And we still had our meals and desserts coming. I think I had shrimp with penne pasta.

The portions at Le Cellier were smaller (but normal), but the most tasty and the service was outstanding. Everyone in the building was very nice.

I found the vouchers to be a great deal at all three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter