• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

child's lifejackets

dvcspain

Mouseketeer
ok, i would like to know if they have aboard the magic lifejackets to use in the pool free of charge like you can find at the disney resorts....

thank you

I am not aware of DCL providing lifejackets or floatation vests for children for the pools. Castaway Cay have them though free or charge.

Swim arm bands are allowed, but if your child cannot swim in the Goofy pool (4 feet/1.2m) or Donald pool (not sure about depth, but expect it to be similar to the Goofy pool) then the Mickey pool with shallower water is best.

Hope that helps!

Ex Techie

As posted, there are not any life vest for swimming use on the ship, as there truly is not a need. They are available on CC for Ocean Swimming; free of charge. The pools on DCL are not traditional "swimming pools". They are just designed to get wet. The Mickey pool is very shallow from a few inches to 18 inches at the deepest. The Goofy/Donald pool is the "Family Pool" and goes to 4 feet, but is so small, there is not any swimming going on. If parents can find the place to squeeze in with a little one, you will find yourself just holding them anyway and doing a "BOBBING" thing. Everyone just "dips" and "bobs" there. If you are looking forward to pool swimming, you better grab a hotel precruise.....:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter