• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Children's Security Bracelet

ksack

Mouseketeer
I understand from hearing from a DCL rep that the security bracelet that you get from kids club has to be worn by your kids for the entire trip (day and night)..... How have your kids handled this???

TIA!!

:wave:
Kelly S.

When our kids were younger we explained that it was necessary and they were fine with it. If you impress upon them the importance of it then hopefully they will understand.

DD3 hated it and begged us to take it off. It didn't help that she insisted she didn't like the Kids Club. We told her that it was required for security purposes. She didn't like it, but she kept it on.

Denae

I had to finally force DS, then 9, to let me cut it off of his wrist a month after our cruise was over :teeth: .

My dd6 had it on her ankle, so it was less annoying..They did have to replace it more often I think, due to the constant water...

She liked this MUCH better..\
:goodvibes

My kids didn't mind the bracelets, though the new ones need to be replaced more often since the writing wears off more quickly than the old ones. The security is that if the children get lost, they can easily figure out where they belong, and if there is an emergency on board, their muster station is also on the bracelet so they get to the right station.

My DD8 does just fine with the bracelet now. the first cruise she went on, she was 3 and we had to tell her it was important that she wear it. Now, it's just something she knows she needs to have on. We have a more difficult time with the boat drill then the bracelet!

I agree that she reminding them that it is important for them to wear and they eventually get used to it.

Thanks for all of the reassurance!!! I didn't want this to spoil my DD's trip....

Oh I had forgotten about that. My 5 year old had surgery about a month ago and the worst part of it for him was the bracelet. In fact when we were getting him dressed after the surgery the nurse heard him saying "OW OW OW OW" and came running in thinking something was wrong. Turns out it was the bracelet bothering him.
I hope he gets over that phase in the next 2 months. :rolleyes: ;)

mine took their's off almost immediately. when we would go into the club they would just make them a new one to wear while they were there.

First cruise my daughter wore hers on her ankle...this time she took it off each night and they gave her a new one each time she went...then the last day she wouldn't take it off for a month after the cruise!!

our DS4 (at the time) didn't have any problem with it. he had it on the whole entire cruise. it'll be our DS3's first time having to wear it...we'll see. and yes, like others have said, we did tell our oldest that it was important to wear it, for safety, security, etc. (although we didn't want to strike "fear" in him, that if he should get lost, etc....)

now, i have to go & remind both about wearing the bracelets! good thing i stumbled into this thread!

Katie...what did you son get surgery for? hope everything went well! remember our pact...no one is allowed to be sick/ill/not feeling well! :flower:

DD3 had no issue with it, but once she left the club would want it off.

DS5 would be totally against it. He loved the clubs but would fight about getting it on his wrist/ankle anywhere. Each time as soon as he left he had to have it off.

They were real good about taking it off for him, and really worked with him to put on one, I think they see it a lot so I wouldn't worry at all

My kids never said a word about the bracelets. They wore them the entire cruise, and I cut them off when we got home.
I think it helps that some smaller amusement parks and fairs use bracelets like that as all day ride tickets, so my kids are used to wearing bracelets like that to join in the fun.

My kids have very sensitive skin - I have to cut the tags out of everything. So they didn't "object" to the bracelets but they were irritated by them. We found that trimming the ends into rounded corners and putting a little baby powder under the bracelet really stopped any problems they had. Hope that helps someone. :flower:

We took our 6 years old DD's bracelet off every time we returned to the room. She wanted it off. I think if you go on a shore excursion, it should also be taken off because it has the child's name on it and a predator could use that to his or her advantage. Of course, when on land, we kept close tabs on her anyway as we always do. It was no problem for them to print a new bracelet each time we checked her into the kids club.

Do the little ones (2 year olds) in Flounders have bracelets?

CACruisin' said:
Do the little ones (2 year olds) in Flounders have bracelets?

no they don't. you do get a pager...but if you have an older on in the club/lab, you just get one, they link it up for you. that was the case w/ us! thank goodness we didn't have to carry two! :flower:

We got back last Thursday (06/09) and DS8 is still wearing his bracelet. I asked him when he planned to take it off and he said "when my arm grows big enough that it doesn't fit anymore."

Thanks! The older two will be in the lab so the bracelet won't be a problem. It was the "independent" 2 year old, I saw being a problem. :rotfl:

Good to know that we will only have one pager too. Thanks again. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter