• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Children's Menu Age Limit? (OOP)

Luvamouse

DIS Veteran
So sorry, I know this has been asked many times, but the search feature is hassling me about every search today!

Can older child order TS Kids' Menu items or is there an age limit? (I know for DDP purposes it is 3-9 when purchasing and using DDP credits) Is it strictly 3-9 always-- when not on DDP?? Trying to figure out if it will be OK for DD-13 to order a Children's meal at a TS restaurant when she is not hungry at mealtime. Hmmmm... maybe an appetizer will do her then also...

Thanks!

My dd ordered kids meals after she was 10 with no trouble. I've ordered kids meals with no trouble and I am way, way over 10! I just asked the server if it was OK and never had a problem. But I've read that others have. I do tip as though I order an adult meal. DD and I have also ordered appetizer's as our meal when we weren't particularly hungry. Or we've each gotten an appetizer and then shared an entree. At least when you are paying OOP it shouldn't be a problem. Don't know about the dining plan.

I honestly think it's more of an issue at the buffets. Since at 10 they have to pay adult price (for some kids it's pretty ridiculous)--you can bet we'll definitely be doing less buffets when dd turns 10.;)

My info is old (since we went in 2005) but when we went -- DD didn't have a problem ordering off the kids meal and/or the adult one. We were on the Premium plan though (she was charged as an adult as it was *right* when the ages changed and she was 10). For that matter we all ordered a dessert off the kid's menu at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

I think if you ask, it will be OK. Even in real life here at restaraunts they hand her a kid's menu even though she's 13, we look on the menu and the kid's meal is for 10 & under! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter