Children sharing one adult entree?

bangzoom6877

DIS Veteran
At a TS restaurant, let's say my kids want a burger for lunch, and there is no burger offered on the kids' menu. Would I be able to order an adult burger and have them share it? My kids are only going to be 3 and 5 when we go, and many times at home they will share something off an adult menu at a restaurant if what they want is not on the kids' menu (or if there is no kids' menu). We will not be on a dining plan, we are paying OOP.

If not on the dining plan, you can order your children anything you would like. :goodvibes

If not on the dining plan, you can order your children anything you would like. :goodvibes

Yup - this is why no more DP for us! We are back to TIW, and can't wait as most of the kids' meals are :eek:.

Have a great trip to OP, Tiger :)

Yup - this is why no more DP for us! We are back to TIW, and can't wait as most of the kids' meals are :eek:.

Have a great trip to OP, Tiger :)

We're going to do TIW also!! We did all the math, and by upgrading one ticket to the AP (we get the DVC member $100 discount on the AP purchase), and buying the TIW card for $75, we can do more TS lunches that we would like to do anyway, and it will cost us the same or maybe a little less than it would have to get the DDP plus the extra TS meals we had added in anyway. Now we do less CS, and we can order anything we want anywhere. That means that even though DH and I love ordering dessert at restaurants, we can share one instead of getting one each and not feel guilty about "wasting" part of a DDP credit! We're also going for 10 nights, and there are 4 of us...that would have meant 40 snack credits for the trip and I seriously doubt we will be eating that many snacks! Also, more options at the Boardwalk (we stay at BWV), some of which are not on the DDP.

We're going to do TIW also!! We did all the math, and by upgrading one ticket to the AP (we get the DVC member $100 discount on the AP purchase), and buying the TIW card for $75, we can do more TS lunches that we would like to do anyway, and it will cost us the same or maybe a little less than it would have to get the DDP plus the extra TS meals we had added in anyway. Now we do less CS, and we can order anything we want anywhere. That means that even though DH and I love ordering dessert at restaurants, we can share one instead of getting one each and not feel guilty about "wasting" part of a DDP credit! We're also going for 10 nights, and there are 4 of us...that would have meant 40 snack credits for the trip and I seriously doubt we will be eating that many snacks! Also, more options at the Boardwalk (we stay at BWV), some of which are not on the DDP.

Yup, I know - I've been following all of your other posts and replied within those as well. :cool1: You have worked hard on researching and such, so I think you made a great choice.:thumbsup2

I hope you have a wonderful trip and that your dining is fab! Tiger :)

TIW - Tables in Wonderland. It is a discount membership program available only to annual passholders and Florida residents. Members pay a fee for a year's membership and are entitled to 20% off their full bill, including alcoholic beverages, at participating restaurants. Most TS restaurants at Disney participate, as do a few CS.

Yup, I know - I've been following all of your other posts and replied within those as well. :cool1: You have worked hard on researching and such, so I think you made a great choice.:thumbsup2

I hope you have a wonderful trip and that your dining is fab! Tiger :)

Well, thank you! I know my husband thinks I am completely nuts at this point, but he is also enjoying the fact that in my insanity, we always eat very well on vacation! He doesn't have to do a thing, except eat the food! I think he's just excited that a lot of places we're going to have steak! :)

I love researching all of this...in fact, I always tell myself to wait a few weeks to look at the menus again to see if they change...but it never lasts more than a couple of days!!

Can adults share a meal in TS restaurants?

Another question if you are on the dining plan and go to a signature restaurant where you need to use 2 ts credits, can you share a meal with you dh and just use the 2 ts credits rather than using 4 and ordering a whole other meal?
I had bypass surgery and so did my husband so ordereing two complete meals is such a waste as we usually share and appetizer and a meal and we are loaded.

Is this allowed??

Can adults share a meal in TS restaurants?

Another question if you are on the dining plan and go to a signature restaurant where you need to use 2 ts credits, can you share a meal with you dh and just use the 2 ts credits rather than using 4 and ordering a whole other meal?
I had bypass surgery and so did my husband so ordereing two complete meals is such a waste as we usually share and appetizer and a meal and we are loaded.

Is this allowed??

There have been reports of Beaches and Cream not allowing sharing, if you are on the DDP. You also will not be able to share at any buffet, dinner show, or an all you can eat item (skillet at Whispering Canyon, Akershus, or Garden Grill). Otherwise there is normally no problem with sharing, as long as both parties are on the DDP--no sharing with people not on the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter