Children and the buffet

ldisney

Earning My Ears
I notice that some of the buffet menus indicate "children's selections." Does that mean the kids are limited to what they may or may not select from the buffet? We just booked our mid-July vacation, so I realize that I need to get ADRs done right away. DS8 will be content with chicken strips, hot dogs, hamburgers, or pizza every meal, but he does like a good buffet.
Thanks, in advance, for the advice.

No. It means they offer those foods that people generally consider child-friendly, but everyone can eat anything at a buffet.

Thanks. I'm stressing out trying to make reservations for restaurants I've never been to without knowing when we'll be where - Epcot, MGM, and AK are all new since the last time I was at WDW! I appreciate the help.

I only wish I got to "stress" about planning upcoming ADRs and touring schedules every year instead of every 4 or so. ;) Anyway, here's a suggestion from a family of 4 with a DS8 and DD4. None of this is particularly original, of course.

1. When doing your advance planning, pick your main park for each day by process of elimination: avoid the Morning Magic Hour park, and avoid MK on Sundays (except for Evening Magic Hours). Arrive in time for opening and eat lunch at a CS before noon.
2. Plan to go back to your hotel for a midday rest-up/pool swim.
3. Pick the EMH park as your evening park for each day (as long as you like to stay up late); if there is no EMH park that day, pick the one that's open latest. (Needless to say, you'd have to have park hopping enabled on your tickets.)
4. THEN pick a TS for dinner that is convenient to your evening park and make your dinner ADR for around 5 to 6 pm. For example, if MK is your evening park, pick from among the TS's at MK, GF, Poly and CR. (An exception would be EMH at AK during off peak times; if AK closes at 8 for EMH, then you might want to either plan a TS lunch at your main park or a resort and a CS dinner at AK, or plan a late CS lunch at your main park and a late TS dinner after AK closes).

This way, for each day you'll need to pick from "only" about a dozen TS options instead of 50. ;)

Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter