Children and strange sleeping spots

disneybound2010

DIS Veteran
I've been reading the posts about toddlers crawling out of cribs and switching toddlers to either toddler beds or twin beds and the ease that most have had in doing so. I,on the otherhand,have had the roughest time of this and was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their DC as well.

DS(2) began scaling the crib at 9 months. He would not stay in his crib AT ALL. We immediately converted the crib to the toddler bed, but this did not work either. His favorite spot to sleep is on our couch. We will put him to bed,make sure he is done with the ups and downs and then head to bed ourselves. Within a few hours, I hear him up and heading to the couch. I'll put him back to bed and out he goes to the couch AGAIN. We had a toddler pull out couch that he slept on in his room(we thought this would make him understand the room thing)and he would pull the couch out of the room and back to the living room.

The "new" sleep spot has become the big comfy chair. He will pull the cushion off the chair,throw his pillow up there and curl up with his blankets. I guess I should be happy that he is at least sleeping,but I cannot make hiom understand that his BEDROOM is for that purpose. Anyone else have a DC with a strange sleeping spot or arrangement?

We baby gate ours into her room, but she loves to sleep on the floor. Sometimes we just let her. She's been telling us she wants a big girl bed (she's in a toddler bed) for her birthday, and I told her I wasn't going to buy her a big girl bed unless she would sleep in her toddler bed. She pretty much stays in it now, although she got a Sweet Lily Castle for Christmas, and she slept in that in her new sleeping bag last night. :rolleyes: At least we know she likes her castle.

Everyone of ours has done the same thing at one point. With ours it was after they learn to work the doorknob in their bedroom and then they grow out of it without any fuss:confused3 . We noticed it started after moving to a toddler bed but never had a problem with them climbing out of their cribs.

My daughter (3) will sometime get up in the middle of the night and either climb in bed with us (We have a king so sometimes we wake up and have no idea how she got there) or sleep on our couch. My son (1) likes to sleep in our bed (I think he hates his toddler bed) he comes in around 3 or 4 in the morning and curls up beside me and falls back asleep. We've tried the putting them back in their own beds and that's worked about 3% of the time. Really I know my ds problem is he's to big for his toddler bed (He's almost as tall as his sister about 6 inches shorter and she's 42 inches). The reason I know it's the bed is she use to do the same thing in her toddler bed and now in her twin she's fine and hardly gets up anymore unless she has a bad dream or a car playing their music to loud goes by (Her bedroom faces the road). He's another story and will be getting his twin bed soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter