Childless MNSSHP

flounder_ariel

Earning My Ears
I will be going to WDW the last week of October and have been debating whether or not to spending the extra money for the halloween party is worth it. I will be with a large group of adults. Is it geared more to children?

If you have gone childless before, what are the perks? Did you dress up?

I will be going to WDW the last week of October and have been debating whether or not to spending the extra money for the halloween party is worth it. I will be with a large group of adults.

1- Is it geared more to children?

2- If you have gone childless before

3- Did you dress up?

1- MNSSHP is designed for EVERYONE.

2- Thousands of adult guests go without children.

3- Thousands of adult guests go in costume (or not.)

I have not gone childless, but you guys would definitely have a great time. No, I don't think it's geared just toward children at all.

I had a GREAT time I have gone several times once in costume (I have already humiliated myself once by posting the picture :lmao: so won't do it here)

Seriously it is IMHO so worth the money much better than MVMCP

MNSSHP is a great time for everyone. My wife and I went childless and enjoyed the whole experience. A great Wishes program and we love the Halloween parade. Go Trick or Treating with the crowd. Many adults do dress up. :joker:

I went about three times. Never with a child. Twice in costume. It's fun, but I'd consider not booking on a weekend night or Halloween itself, as it is not as much fun when it is sold out. That said, I've had enough of it, and probably won't do it again.

My husband and I enjoyed the evening without kids. We didn't dress up but did see a lot of adults that did and they were so much fun to watch.

DH and I went in costume (no kids) and had a blast! There were tons of adults in costume and I think we would have felt more out of place if we hadn't been in costume. Everyone gets to trick-or-treat, including adults, which is great. We plan on going again this year. I definitely feel it's worth the cost. :)

My sisters and I (all adults...ages 18-30) went to MNSSHP for the first time last fall (we don't have kids), and we all agreed that it was one of the best, most fun evenings ever spent in a Disney park. We can't wait to someday go again - with or without kids.

We went the last weekend in September when it was still brutally hot, and we were happy that we were not in costume, but instead were wearing matching Disney Halloween 2012 glow in the dark t-shirts that we bought online before we went. Even if you don't want to dress up in costume, it's fun to get in the spirit somehow. We also bought Mickey pumpkin ear hats when we got to the party. We got some great pictures.

The parade and fireworks alone are worth the price of admission, but we also enjoyed meeting a few characters, trick or treating, and the villain stage show.

I did it solo last year, and I dressed up...had a blast!! There were many childless adults in and out of costume having a great time :thumbsup2 For me, it was definitely worth the money

We have done MNSSHP with and without kids. Both are different experiences because of the different things that were important. With kids, the dance parties are a must.

We loved our childless MNSSHP parties. The ride of the headless horseman, at the start of the parade, is a must. Some parts of the party are darker and geared more toward children.

My husband and I love MNSSHP and would do it sans child in a heartbeat!

Last year I saw a group of adults dressed up as the original Mouseketeers---so cute!

We have been three times and we have no kids. Dressed up but found the costumes to be too hot and would not go as all out again. Lots of adults only groups. It's a fun night we are not generally parade people but this one is spectacular and te fireworks stunning.

Some excellent costumes saw one family mum and dad as Pongo and Perdita (think that's how they are spelt) kids were the Dalmatian puppies and what I guess was the grandmother was Cruella. Brilliant.

Dh and I don't have any kids and we've gone 4 times now. The parade is a must, we're not parade people, but this one is worth seeing at least once. My DH agrees.

We've never dressed up just because, as my best friend puts it, "he's a fuddy duddy stick in the mud do nothing". He's rather boring, I love him but he's boring.

It's not geared toward kids, it's geared towards everyone. You'll have a blast.

The best part is the lines are a lot shorter for rides. Everyone is trick or treating, meeting characters, waiting to watch the parade, waiting to watch the fireworks, and there are a lot of little one's there, so after fireworks parents take them back to the room for the night.

I'm planning my 5th trip as I write this.

Going alone to Oct 27 MNSSHP. Interested in seeing charters, but not necessarily up close. Are there some that you can see from a little distance without waiting in line? I'd just like to see their adorable costumes.

We go every year with our friends or family. Our friends and I are all in our early/mid 20s. My parents are in their late 50s. We all ADORE the event- it's our favorite time to be at the parks. We dress up every year.

My H and I went on our HM and thought it was great! We did not dress up and did not feel out of place. We loved the special photo ops, parade and Hallowishes and were lucky enough to have a M&G with the Evil Queen. We also loved watching all the others dressed up. It is absolutely for children of all ages!

I went to my first ever MNSSHP last year on my first ever solo trip to the World and I loved it!! So much fun, and definitely worth it!! :thumbsup2

:) We go every opportunity we have...DH and I do not have kids. I usually wear a Halloween Themed shirt. We love it.

MNSSHP is definitely not just for kids! My family is all adults and we always have a great time for the party. Dress up! It's the best time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter