Childcare at Resorts??

desertbloom

Mouseketeer
I thought DH and I might want a little time alone while at Disney. Maybe reconnect and reflect on the last time we were there without a kid in tow.... which was our Honeymoon back in 94! Do any of the resorts offer childcare? I am not sure I trust hiring a service to come watch her in the room. Not to mention that she is a moody pre teen and would be VERY unhappy cooped up in the room thinking mom n dad are out having fun without her! Maybe something that has planned activities? Any suggestions? Any pricing info? Thanks everyone! You guys are always so helpful. :grouphug:

We put our two boys (age 5 & 7) in the "Cubs Den" at the WL last year when we went out one night. They had such a good time that they wanted to do it again the next night. :laughing: It was $10 an hour per child and you needed a reservation (but it really wasn't that packed). She might be okay there because there were plenty of computers with games to use? There's also a TV with Disney movies playing. My kids were so enthralled.

We used Simba's clubhouse at AKL last year. My preteen complained until he got there and saw the video games! They didn't want to leave when we were done.

This year they're scheduled at Neverland at the Poly. We have dinner reservations for the California Grill with my parents...not willing to pay those prices for the kids!

Price at Neverland is $11/child/hour. Must reserve with credit card and cancel 24 hours in advance. Hours are 4 pm to midnight. Dinner is served between 6-8 (kid friendly stuff like nuggets and mac cheese and pizza). One thing to be aware of with the clubs is you pay for full hour even if you use just a fraction.

I did the math on hiring a sitter at our room and though it was cheaper per hour, you have to pay transporation fee and buy meals for kids and sitter...cheaper with mine to go to Neverland and they'll like it better I hope.

One thing to be aware of with the clubs is you pay for full hour even if you use just a fraction.

I've put my daughter in the Neverland Club three times. One of those times I returned on a quarter hour and once on the 1/2 hour. I was only charged for the full hours and the portion of that hour I used. :thumbsup2

DS8 has been to Simba's, Cubs Den and the Nerverland Club. He likes Neverland the best.

Thanks for the info everyone. One more thing... How is the security at these places? Do they make you show ID or anything to pick up your kid? I'm such a worry wort.

I have been reading all the responses about child care at the resorts. I am trying to decide what to do too. I have a 16 yr. and 11yr.old, both boys. My husband and I would like some time together at pleasure Island but what do we do with the kids? the 16yr.old is o.k. but the 11yr.old thinks he's too big for babysitting, He has A.D.H.D. and does need supervision. I am also a worry wort, and wouldnt be comfortable leaving both of them in the room for a couple of hours alone, Do I leave the older one to his own devices and have someone stay with the younger one??? If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thanks! :confused

I've put my daughter in the Neverland Club three times. One of those times I returned on a quarter hour and once on the 1/2 hour. I was only charged for the full hours and the portion of that hour I used. :thumbsup2

I'm with MsStinkerBelle. I just had my DD at the Neverland Club on January 13th, and I was charged for the full hours and the quarter hour portion used.

Thanks for the info everyone. One more thing... How is the security at these places? Do they make you show ID or anything to pick up your kid? I'm such a worry wort.

This is an excellent question!! We are THINKING of doing this when we go for our anniversary trip next year, DS's will be 7 & 4. Probably at the one in Wilderness Lodge...........thanks

At the Neverland Club earlier this month, when I signed my DD in, they assigned me a pager (in case they needed to contact me). When I went back to retrieve my DD, I turned in the pager, and it was specifically "assigned" (serial # or model#) to my DD.

It's a restaurant pager with those red blinking lights. But since it's specifically assigned to your kid, a weirdo off the street cannot come in with any old restaurant pager and take a kid. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter