Child w diff last name

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by zorajo, Oct 7, 2013.

1. zorajo

zorajo Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Panic attack here :) so we all have passports including my children. My oldest has a different last name and someone mentioned I may need specific paperwork to take him out of the country?!?!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

This would depend. Are both parents traveling? Is there a custody agreement? You wouldn't need anything just to prove he was your child as long as you are listed as the parent. I can't remember if that is posted on the PP but know that it is on the BC. If there is a custody agreement then I believe there is a form that the other parent needs to fill out giving permission for you to take the child out of the country.

4. princessnpirate

princessnpirate Mouseketeer

As long as you are his parent you do not need anything. My son also had a different last name and we have sailed four times with no problem. Info is on the website. I always carry his birth certificate to prove I am his mother as precautionary but have never needed it.

5. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

You should be OK since you have his passport.
    IF it wouldn't be a problem getting a notarized letter from his other parent indicating approval of the trip, that would be CYA -- just in the event you get a cranky Customs & Immigration officer, but again it's not required. The passport is the only requirement.

Enjoy your cruise!

6. JoyB-UK

JoyB-UK DIS Veteran

My daughter has a different last name and every time we have cruised, both with DCL and RCL, I have had to show both her birth certificate which shows my name and my marriage certificate to show my change in name. They have specifically asked for these at the check in desk so definitely bring documents with you. We are not even US citizens and had already flown into another country so it shouldn't matter to DCL, but they still asked so don't risk going with nothing even if other guest report not having to do anything.