Child Ticket now that DD is 10?

roxwithears

Mouseketeer
We have days left over on a Hopper with no expiry from 2005. DD will be almost 11 yrs old when we go. Do I have to exchange it for an adult or can she just use the rest of the days as if she was of age? Anyone do this before? :confused3

Thanks

Be warned. You're about to be called a thief and a liar and a cheat and a horrible person. This board is vicious to people who ask those kinds of questions :/

I believe they can be exchanged, and the value of what's left on the tickets can be applied to an adult ticket.

At age 10 or 11 the general suggestion even from CM's is to just keep using the ticket. This is for convenience's sake.

If DD is much older or if she is questioned, she can exchange what remains on the ticket for "adult" admission at no charge.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

We exchanged a child's ticket for a adult's since my son was too old for the child's ticket. I was more than willing to pay for the difference but the CM did an even exchange for me and did not charge me.

Be warned. You're about to be called a thief and a liar and a cheat and a horrible person. This board is vicious to people who ask those kinds of questions :/

Actually, the OP won't be hung, drawn and quartered for asking this question -- it is asked more than a few times each week and it is a very legitimate question to ask.

The answer, from those in the know and those with experience in this regards, is that a child is never punished for growing older at Walt Disney World. Presumably the 3-9 year old ticket belonged to this child when they were of the appropriate age. You may either use the ticket "AS IS" (there is one DIS member who has reported using their child ticket when they were in their early 20s -- it was their ticket as a child, and CMs gladly allowed them entrance with it now that they are an adult) or you may exchange the ticket for a 10+ year old ticket with all the same features of the child ticket.

I would think that if the ticket was bought when DD was the appropriate age for the ticket, and there happen to be days left over, so be it. I'd just finish that ticket out and then buy her the adult ticket.

I believe they can be exchanged, and the value of what's left on the tickets can be applied to an adult ticket.

You are incorrect on both counts. This is neither against Disney rules NOR something the Dis community attacks people for doing, since it is allowed by WDW itself.

Disney does not penalize children for growing older. If you have a partially used child's ticket, and the child is now 10 or older, you may exchange the child's ticket for an adult ticket with the same remaining entitlements and no charge.

The child for which this is being done must be present at the ticket window when this is being done. The age difference must be reasonable! For example, if the child appears to still be a pre-teen, and the ticket is two or more years old they should be no problem. However, if the child appears to be 16 and the ticket is only a year old this will not be done.

This applies whether the ticket is MYW or pre-MYW.

However, if the ticket has never been used, the ticket may only be upgraded to a ticket with at least the same entitlements and the guest must pay the difference.

This may be done at any park (including water parks or TTC) Ticket Booth or Guest Relations Office

How is it different to use a child's ticket for a 10+ year old, but a sin against God and Walt to not buy a ticket for child who just turned 3?

You all ripped apart a person the other day who asked the latter question. Why would using a child ticket as an "adult" be any different?

:confused3

How is it different to use a child's ticket for a 10+ year old, but a sin against God and Walt to not buy a ticket for child who just turned 3?

You all ripped apart a person the other day who asked the latter question. Why would using a child ticket as an "adult" be any different?

Well I haven't ripped anyone apart but if you are truly interested in an explanation:

Disney's rules - and as a pp mentioned Disney dosen't punish children for growing up. If the child has used some of a ticket while still 9 and returns to use the ticket after he/she has turned 10 WDW will upgrade the ticket to a 10+ ticket at no charge. You can do this at any guest relations but the child has to be present and the dates must make sense.

Same thing if you start your vacation when a child is 9 they remain priced at 9 for the entire trip - also the same if a child turns 3 during the trip.

There is an obvious difference between the above and knowingly lying by sneaking a 3yo in as a 2yo or purchasing a 3-9 ticket for an 11yo.

TJ

If I remember correctly, the person who recently got ripped into, and to whose defense you came, was bragging about how he had brought his son (or daughter, since the OP seemed to be confused himself as to the sex of the child) without buying a ticket, even though said child was over 3. That is something that is frowned upon by many on this board, and advocating ways to break official disney rules is a violation of the TOS of the DISboards.

I just bought a child's seasonal pass for my 10-year old, and will do in next year as well. :confused3

There is an obvious difference between the above and knowingly lying by sneaking a 3yo in as a 2yo or purchasing a 3-9 ticket for an 11yo.
TJ

Actually, I find it quite absurd that a 10 year old is considered an "adult", and as someone who has made 59 trips to disney in the past 3 years, I DID purchase a child's ticket for my child ... I also believe the OP said the 3-year old had just turned 3. Big deal.

Actually, I find it quite absurd that a 10 year old is considered an "adult", and as someone who has made 59 trips to disney in the past 3 years, I DID purchase a child's ticket for my child ... I also believe the OP said the 3-year old had just turned 3. Big deal.

Since you quoted me I will answer, of course a 10yo is not an adult.

The ticket is not an adult ticket - its ages 10+, Disney's park, Disneys prices. When you consider that most 10yos can do everything offered in the parks it seems to reason they pay full price to do so. Your choice what to buy and what rules to follow or break. I do know that my children know their ages and at 10 and 12 years old they would question why I bought them a ticket for ages 3-9.

As far as the OP I think he/she has an 11yo with a previously used 3-9 ticket not a 3yo :confused3

TJ

A person 10 years of age or older may not start using a (n unused) 3-9 ticket.

He may finish using a ticket he started using during ages 3-9 any time in his life (provided the ticket had not expired).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter