Child Swop?

Janine1983

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

Just wondering what your experiences of this are of this at Disney. From what I understand you queue up with the full party, then when you get to a CM you say you want to do child swop? Then I stay with my 2 yr old while the others ride, then when they get off they come back to me so I can go straight on????? But then id be riding on my own? I know DH could stay with me, but could he not go on it twice? With the rest of the party and then again with me?? im not entirely sure I get it!!!

Can you give me an example please? Say for example we all want to do TOT at DHS?? What would we do??

Another Question!! When you queue for rides, are you allowed pushchairs? Or do they need to be left outside? from what I recall I remember seeing lots of pushchairs gathered together when I was a kiddie!! So I think ill know what the answer to this will be!

One more question (sorry!) If my son happens to fall asleep in his pushchair and we want to ride the TOT at DHS is this still possible? Or would we have to wait until he woke up and then do it?

Just wanting to get everything straight in my head before we go!!!!

Thank you all so so much for reading an replying to me!!!!

;):wizard:;):wizard:

you are allowed to have 1 person side again with you

for example 2 adults 1 child and a baby mum can ride witht he child then dad swaps and rides with the child/ friend / whoever. so both adults get to ridw while the other holds the baby and they also have a companion to go on with

All pushcahirs have to be left outside of the rides (they are quite safe).

With regards to your son riding on TOT if he is asleep. I don't quite understand the question - if he is asleep then he would need to be awake to ride it - I can guarantee he will soon wake up anyway :rotfl2:. But if you mean about doing the child swap, then I am not sure. I remember when our DD was 3 we used this facility alot but never had the issue of having to use the pushchair past the entrance, but of course you may have to use it for a baby, for instance, so I am not entirely sure on the use of pushchairs for child swap.

But certainly make use of the child swap as it means you can get to go on the rides which otherwise you will miss.

Child swap varies at at a couple of the attractions but for the most part you go upto the greeter CM at the entrance and tell them you want to do a child swap. They give you a pass (like a fast pass) and one member of the party (or more if you want) then stay outside the attraction with the child the rest of the party joins the queue. When they come out you can use your pass to take *i think* upto 4 people (I do know it is more than 2 people that can use the pass) into the fastpass line to ride.

You can use fastpasses as well as the childswap rides - first group to ride have fastpasses second use child swap pass :thumbsup2

If they are asleep in their strollers it is an idea time to do a child swap ride!

All strollers are parked outside attractions.

HTH as we used it for the first time in March. FYI they will not let an under height child into the queue lines.

when we did it last year dsx2 got to ride twice, while dh or i waited with dd...
it depends on the ride, some you wait at the exit and get straight on, others you pass through th FP line, some are v easy and quick, others can be along wait, (if i remember tot is one of the longer ones....
p.s we brought cheap walkie talkies so i could take dd around and not "wait" soemtimes for 30-40 mis, we just looked around and then dh "buzzed" me when he came out!
we often used this time to go get FPs for another ride... hth
tracy

Our experience of this was:

DH qued up in the regular line

I waited outside with kids and took them up to the CM on the entrace to the ride and ask for a "switch" pass

They give you a pass exactly like a fast pass, I've probably got one at home that I can scan in for you if you want to see what you get.

Once DH came back out of the ride I walked up to the CM and show the pass, they would either send you up the fastpass entrace or in the exit.

Very simple and effective to use.

I believe it is a maximum of 3 people who can use the switch pass too. So if you have 6 people in your party for example, then 3 of them could ride while you and the other 2 wait with the children and then the other 3 of you ride.

Hope that helps
Gems

Thank you everyone. I think I kinda get it now!

If you could scan it Gem that would be very helpful thank you!! So theres a CM as you enter the queue for every ride that does child swop. And you just mention to them about it and they'll tell me what to do. Will I have to stand with him while I wait for the others to ride? Sorry if Im sounding a bit slow!!!

With Child swop, is it every ride where there is a height restirction so my lil man cant ride where they do this??
xx

Thank you everyone. I think I kinda get it now!

If you could scan it Gem that would be very helpful thank you!! So theres a CM as you enter the queue for every ride that does child swop. And you just mention to them about it and they'll tell me what to do. Will I have to stand with him while I wait for the others to ride? Sorry if Im sounding a bit slow!!!

With Child swop, is it every ride where there is a height restirction so my lil man cant ride where they do this??
xx

No problem, I will have a look in my Florida folder tonight and see if I have got one.

You wait out side the ride, so for example on Tower of Terror you can hang around on the benches where you go into Rock N Rollercoaster and just relax, then when the rest of your party are done they come and find you and you can ride.

Yes where there is a height restriction they will have a child swap. If in doubt just check with the CM on the entrance and they will help you. :goodvibes

Hi

I've got three kids I will swap for something!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Open to pretty much most offers.

Steve (Back almost 2 weeks and still bloddy fed up)

oh steve, you dont mean that!!!
the child swap is a piece of paper about the size of a credit card, that says child swap on it, or they give you a fast pass back, that someone has just given them...
as an aside, if you are doing US their Child swap faciliities are excellent and actually have little rooms with toys near the exit where you can wait..
tracy

Sorted!

Got Ker-plunk for Josh and some Action Man stuff (with gripping hands obvioulsy) for Beth and Ellie.

Oh the peace.............................

Steve:happytv::happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter