Child swap/Rider switch question

shrymah

Earning My Ears
I've read that on rides with height requirements, one parent can go on the ride while the other stays with a child who doesn't meet the req's & then the other parent can ride on the next turn. I was wondering if anyone knows if that is the only reason why you can use the child swap or baby swap option. We are going to Disney next week with our 4 & 5 year old girls. I am also pregnant so there are rides (mostly likely the ones with height req's) that I won't be able to ride on. Do you think, if both my daughters meet the height req's & it's a 2 person per car ride, that they would let me wait with one daughter & then let my husband take the 2nd one on the next ride? I would be really excited if they did!

Yes you can. When we were there my 11 yr old daughter was scared to ride Test Track so I waited with her while my husband and 9 year old rode. When they were done my daughter had a parent switch pass (or whatever it is called) and she and I went back bypassing all the ones in line and immediately got on. That was the best!!!!

You must have VERY patient children! I don't think my kids would want to wait if they didn't have to.
FYI- when mine were 5 and 4, they had no problem not sitting next to me on rides. I usually have them sit together, and me sit behind them.

Probably not, rider swap is designed for children who don't make the height requirement - so that parents and siblings don't have to wait twice due to a restriciton. Once my 5yo dd was tall enough for Tower of Terror but to afraid to even wait in line and they would not issue a Rider Swap pass for her.

You should definately ask and explain your situation and you may get a rider swap sometimes but not others. So plan for no and be pleasantly surprised if it does happen.

The best thing to do in your case is use fast pass - you can get one with all 4 tickets and your dh can ride with each dd by using his and yours.

There are some rides where they will be able to ride 3 to a seat so neither child will have to wait. I am a single mom and I ride three to a seat with my 2 dds on Splash Mtn, BTMR, Barnstormer and its 3 to a car on Space Mountain (one behind the other), three to a car on Test Track, several on TOT and 4 to a car on Primeval whirl. For RnRc and Expedition Everest its 2 to a car but they ride together and I sit behind them.

If you have any other ride or seating questions ask away !

I'm surprised they let you do that on TT, tinkio. They would not let us do the rider switch on Tower of Terror, when my dd was 3 and was too scared to ride, though tall enough.

Maybe it depends on the CM? :confused3

Child swap is designed for families with children below the height requirement, and under normal circumstances this is the only reason it can be used. I am sure people have had exceptions, but this is not how is is supposed to work. In cases of rides with 2 people per seat, I would let the kids ride together and sit behind them.

You know, I never even thought about having the girls sit together. I'd say it's from pregnancy brain but what's my husband's excuse for not thinking of it?? I'm not sure if that will work for us (my 4 yr. old might not go for it) but it's definitely worth a shot - thanks for the tips everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter