Child sleeping in parents room

toribelle

Disney Dreaming
We are looking at booking 2 connecting rooms with family, 2 Adults and 1 child in each room. The rooms hold 3 people, but what if the one child really wants to sleep in their parents room, can you put the turn down couch mattress on the floor in the other room for them? Not sure that this would happen, but what if it did? Is there something else the room attendant could do if they threw a fit about it?????

Just trying to see if it's even worth looking into. Thanks.

Are looking for 2 separate (connecting) rooms for a total of 3 people? How old is the child? What category room are you considering? Our room had a separate bed and sitting area (separated by a curtain) where the couch was made up into a bed for our daughter each night. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us.

Once onboard, the child can sleep in either cabin. For example, we had 3 people in each cabin, but once on board we could sleep however we wanted, as long as there was space. At booking, we were told our cabins only slept 3 each, but once on board we saw that each one could actually accomodate 4.....So, it would depend if one of the cabins had the bed that comes down from the wall/ceiling.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but I'm refering to cabins we had on the Magic.

We are looking at booking 2 connecting rooms with family, 2 Adults and 1 child in each room. The rooms hold 3 people, but what if the one child really wants to sleep in their parents room, can you put the turn down couch mattress on the floor in the other room for them? Not sure that this would happen, but what if it did? Is there something else the room attendant could do if they threw a fit about it?????

Just trying to see if it's even worth looking into. Thanks.
I don't think you can take anything off of the sofa bed. I believe it just folds down, so no loose cushions.

You could look at the room reviews and try to figure out which connecting rooms sleep more than 3. We had 3 people in our room, but it actually slept 4.

We had the same situation in November. Our rooms were even on different sides of the ship/different room stewards and nothing was said by either steward about the extra or absent child in the rooms.

If the room only sleeps three so there isn't a physical bed in the room, just ask your room host for a mattress/cot. On the Fantasy friends had DD over for a sleepover one night and the room host brought them a small mattress. He had offered a cot, but they just had the mattress made up on the floor.

Most rooms sleep 4, but not all of them. For example, on one of our cruises, we had our room for 4, and my parents had a separate room for 3, them and my grandmother. I thought they would have the extra bed that came out of the ceiling in case DD wanted to sleep in that room some nights, but they didn't. My in-laws, how ever, had the extra bed from the ceiling, and didn't need it at all, they only had 2 in their room. So, I guess the answer to your question is, yes, the kids can sleep in either room, just request a room number that sleeps 4. You can view this on a map of the ship, I believe, or on disboards list of room reviews.

Are looking for 2 separate (connecting) rooms for a total of 3 people? How old is the child? What category room are you considering? Our room had a separate bed and sitting area (separated by a curtain) where the couch was made up into a bed for our daughter each night. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us.

There will be a total of 6 people. The kids are 7 and 5. We are looking at 5E, but some rooms sleep 4 people and some sleep 3. The rooms we are looking at right now sleep 3, We like there location.

If the room only sleeps three so there isn't a physical bed in the room, just ask your room host for a mattress/cot. On the Fantasy friends had DD over for a sleepover one night and the room host brought them a small mattress. He had offered a cot, but they just had the mattress made up on the floor.

This is what I was hoping for. We really like the location of the staterooms that holds just a total of 3 people.

We booked an 11A for the 4 of us. SURPRISE, we had DD 4mo before the cruise. We booked her in grandma and grandpa's room and slept 5 in our room the whole time. We tipped the stateroom host accordingly (and tipped less for grandma and grandpa's room).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter