Child in relatives room but need dining credits on our ressie??

TheWrightTrip

Mouseketeer
So here's my situation and question. Currently booked at POR, party of 5.
Our kids will be 7, 5, and 3 at time of trip and we are on the watch for free dining in November.

My sis in law got the coveted late fall PIN and chances are slim they would join us BUT if they do, we would put one of the kids in a room with them and switch to POP. So our ressie would have 4. Two adults, two kids. Their ressie would have 3. Two adults, one kid. Problem is we more than likely wouldn't eat all of our meals together, so we would need our 3rd child's dining credits linked to us. Anybody know if they can do that?? I know our reservations can be linked, but since one kid is on their reservation I'm curious if anyone has done this.

Sorry, but they won't be able to transfer dining credits between rooms.

What you would need to do is carry the child's KTTW card from the other room, and use it to pay for that child's meals.

We book 2 rooms (2 adults, 4 kids) and all of our meals are on the all of the cards. Maybe that is an option. Maybe not, might make matters a whole lot worse. I am sure it would be easier than having that 1 child on another card. I don't "think" that they would be able to just add her to your allotment of credits.

It's only an option if both rooms have the same room reservation number. With two persons booking the rooms, there will be two separate room reservations.

We've done it. Not a huge deal - except if the adults might not keep track of all their snack credits and 'use' some of your kids' credits.

Your child's card will have his/her own credits on it (along with the credits of the two adults in that room) - So for a week-long trip - That child's card and that of the two adults would be 7x3 = 21 CS credits and 7x2=14 adult TS credits and 7x1=7 child TS credits and 21 Snack credits. When you go to a meal with your room plus your 'extra' child - You will give the server 2 KTTW cards - one of yours AND the child's card from the other room. You will 'use' 2 adult and 2 child credits from your own card - and will 'use' one child credit from the child's card who is assigned the other room.

Works out fine - but like I said - occassionally can cause ruffles if the other adults start using up some of your child's credits. So discuss upfront.

We can book the rooms under one reservation. Thats not a problem and may solve the issue. We would hope for/request joining rooms anyway. I knew we would have to have the 3rd child's kktw card but i thought the meal stuff had to come off the adults' cards. But nevertheless, one reservation number would probably solve it. Thanks!

We've done it. Not a huge deal - except if the adults might not keep track of all their snack credits and 'use' some of your kids' credits.

Your child's card will have his/her own credits on it (along with the credits of the two adults in that room) - So for a week-long trip - That child's card and that of the two adults would be 7x3 = 21 CS credits and 7x2=14 adult TS credits and 7x1=7 child TS credits and 21 Snack credits. When you go to a meal with your room plus your 'extra' child - You will give the server 2 KTTW cards - one of yours AND the child's card from the other room. You will 'use' 2 adult and 2 child credits from your own card - and will 'use' one child credit from the child's card who is assigned the other room.

Works out fine - but like I said - occassionally can cause ruffles if the other adults start using up some of your child's credits. So discuss upfront.

Yes, this is exactly what we did when we were passing my nephew around on one trip.

WOW! The DDP is so convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter