• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Child Id

ticats2008

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone I know this topic has been discussed on the boards before but I was wondering if there was anyone in the Hamilton,Burlington ,Stoneycreek area with small children that have used some sort of Child id tags...if so what did you use and where did you get them....thanks

when we were little my mom wrote the info in sharpie on our stomachs
it couldn't be removed or fall off or lost
and it wore off in a few days

I'm not in your area but I can tell you what I did.

I created it myself using Avery business cards (you get can them at any office supply store). I inserted my ds picture on the left side of the card and put other information such as our resort, names and cell number on the right side. He picked out a Disney wallet-like thingy on a lanyard and carried it around his neck.

We also took his picture each morning before leaving for the parks just in case we needed a description of what he was wearing.

I also made my own, took those rubber bracelets (like for cancer awareness - but I went to dollarama and got plain ones) and wrote our resort name and DH cell number on them in sharpie. This was good, but the marker faded a little with wear. The kids wore them on their ankles. I also wrote on the inside hem of the little one's shirts their name, our resort name and our cell with fabric marker that washes out after 2-3 washes. This was great, no fading, and no transfer onto their skin (like with the ankle bracelets!) I got the marker at walmart in the sewing section. It is black on application, but washes out after a few cycles.

I'll give you my suggestion, but credit goes to aGoofymom from the boards, cause she actually made it for us :thumbsup2 ....she got a little ballchain necklace kit with letter/number beads (I think from Michaels?) and strung it with our resort name and cell numbers. Connor wore it for the whole trip inside his shirt, and we instructed him the first day if he got lost to go to a cast member wearing a white nametag, usually at the cash registers or a ride. We practised every time we stopped to do pin trading what the name badges looked like and stressed the "white badges" as there are other badges available for people to buy.

It is still sitting on his shelf at home, so we might use it again this next trip in November.

I made my own and got laminating kits for tags from the Buck or Two (laminating necessary for wet rides!). Then I bought the kids Disney-themed lanyards from the Dollarama. On one side I printed just a pic of their fave Disney character and on the other I put their full names, our names, name of hotel, cell number and emergency contact person. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter