• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Child hurt in Oceaneer Club - anyone else?

Oh, I 'm so sorry. Hope all turned out ok. Just booked my daughter last night for the oceanerrs club on our upcoming cruise. Will give her a heads up on the running and pushing and be sure to pack some running shoes not just crocs!

Unless the parent is alleging that the child was hurt regarding some form of alleged negligence on DCL's part, or that DCL's response was somehow inadequate, there isn't much of an assessment that can be made based on just asking if anybody else had their child get hurt. If it was an accident, kids get hurt by accident all the time.

Unless the parent is alleging that the child was hurt regarding some form of alleged negligence on DCL's part, or that DCL's response was somehow inadequate, there isn't much of an assessment that can be made based on just asking if anybody else had their child get hurt. If it was an accident, kids get hurt by accident all the time.

And given the sketchy information the OP provided, no one knows if alleged negligence or alleged inadequate action is even a possibility. It is impossible to give any kind of response based on the information - or lack thereof - provided.

I think the appropriateness of DCL's response depends so much on the circumstances. Obviously, first take care of the child, so it depends on the level of injury and if it is something that can be treated on the ship or would need to go to a hospital. Then, as far as corrective action or whatever, it would depend on whether it was something like a faulty piece of equipment that caused injury or if it was just the kind of unfortunate thing that happens when a bunch of kids are playing together. There are too many variables to really judge anything without knowing more.

While we were in the Med, my then 4 year old hurt her finger in the Club. They weren't sure how, whether she caught it on something or what. I tended to think she picked at a hangnail and ended up tearing it off either playing or picking at it, but it was bleeding a decent bit and those things hurt. They called me right away, and I came to get her. She had an icepack on it and was sitting with one of the CMs when I got there. I put Neosporin and a bandage on it back in our room and then she wanted to go back to play. So, in that case, I thought the response to her "injury" was entirely appropriate. Just totally depends on the seriousness of the child's injury and the cause.

Hope your little one was ok!

wow! a whole thread of concern about, so far, nothing....

wait and see on this one before speculating further, i think

That is the question du jour... is this much adieu about nothing? I would hope that Disney would take immediate, appropriate, and necessary action should any child be injured in any area (especially the clubs). Unfortunately, the clubs are not supervised 1:1 and children do the darnedest things. I'm actually surprised that more children aren't injured the way they run around the slippery pool decks!

Most children are invincible, in their own minds, and many times an injury is caused by a kid just being a kid.

btw, its "ado"....

adieu is a french word for goodbye..

other than that, i totally agree with your post:thumbsup2

On our last cruise, my dd (4 at the time) was running in the Monsters Inc section of the club, fell and basically tore the nail off of her big toe. This happened on the first day during an Open House, so I was there when it happened. However, a club CM came to assist us right away. She took her back to the front check in area, cleaned her toe and got the bleeding to stop, and bandaged her up.

Not the way to start a cruise, but besides a very sore toe, her mishap did not hold her back at all. We had a great time!

Shelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter