• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicken & Waffles

I can hardly believe it but I just turned on the Food Network and low and behold Bobby Flay is doing a throwdown of chicken and waffles. It's like it is national chicken & waffle week or something. :rotfl2:

If Kevin says the food is "sub" par at Boatwrights, I am ever so willing to take his word for it.
And if the menu has changed and become soul-less soul food, I can buy into that too. Ever since this topic came up I have been wanting really good fried chicken and crispy waffles.

Kevin, you need to go to New Orleans and eat your heart out at Dooky Chase...Miss Leah Chase is the ultimate, the standard by which all should be (and probably are) judged. Your soul will float.

I was just watching Food Network and Bobby Flay challenged somebody to a Throwdown of chicken & waffles.

I can hardly believe it but I just turned on the Food Network and low and behold Bobby Flay is doing a throwdown of chicken and waffles. It's like it is national chicken & waffle week or something. :rotfl2:

It's on again right now!!! :rotfl2: I just had to laugh especially after hearing the gang apologize profusely for not knowing what chicken and waffles are!!! Either it's chicken and waffle week or whoever plans the Food Network schedule is a PodSquader! :lmao:

I live in MI. We don't get a lot of chicken and waffles here. There is nothing better than driving to WDW and stopping in the south for a meal that is chicken and waffles! and of course a sweet tea!

Until they start serving sweet tea in Florida, it isn't part of the real south. They're just their own little category :]

I'm sure if you get out of the metropolitan areas of Florida, especially in northern Florida around Tallahassee, you will find most non-national, non-chain restaurants, i.e. mom-n-pop restaurants will have sweetened tea. I guess that part of Florida is part of the South and the further south you go, the more North you get.:rotfl:

Of course, most restaurants in the metropolitan areas of the South offer only un-sweetened tea.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter