Chicken recipes

ADisneygirl

<font color=purple>My birth certificate is really
I have some chicken breast on the bone that I am at a loss for how to cook up in a different way for the family who is getting tired of my baked chicken or my spanish chicken and yellow rice recipes that I usually make with this chicken. I guess I am in a chicken rut.

Any ideas for something different? Help!

I rarely buy it on the bone anymore. I found I was in a real rut too, until I started buying only the boneless & cooking it ahead. I just looked through all my chicken recipes & I don't even have any that don't call for you to either take it off the bone or to use boneless! Sorry! :confused3

I guess you could always marinate & grill. I have some great marinades if you need any.

Is the skin on? If so, pull the skin up off the top and put in a mixture of goat cheese, sliced red onions and pesto. Pull the skin back over and secure in place with a toothpick. Grill....yummmmm!!!

:wave:

Beca

You could make teriyaki chicken. Depending on the amount of chicken you have-

1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. soy sauce
grated ginger
2 cloves of grated garlic
2 stalks of chopped green onion
1 tsp. mirin
1 tsp. sake
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 chili

Thanks for the ideas. :thumbsup2 I'll definitely be trying them. I usually buy chicken cutlets and chicken breasts without the bone but this was a great sale that I couldn't pass up on. I still have 5 of them left! I guess I could cut the meat off the bone myself, but I would feel I was wasting a lot of it left behind.

I guess since we eat so much of it, any chicken recipes would be welcome, whether they involve bone in or out chicken! I'm always looking a new chicken recipe!

I f you want something a little different try this.
Shredded chicken sandwiches
cook your chicken in water until very tender--falling off the bones.
Cool and shred the chicken. Into the chicken mix 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1/2 can chicken broth. You can do this on the stove on low, or cover and put into oven. Simmer for 30 min. add black pepper and salt. serve on hamburger buns. If you want it thicker--just add crushed saltine crackers until thickened. This is a really old recipe my Mom used to make. It is a nice change from the BBQ varieties.
Deb :stir:

I know this sounds a little "exotic" for kids but mine are plain eaters and enjoy this. They don't have to eat the vegetables but the mixture makes the sauce which gives the chicken a good flavor. You can use bone in or boneless chicken, just adjust the grilling time. I've had raves from company on this.

For brushing sauce:

1/2 cup of salsa
1 tablespoon lime juice

Vegetable sauce:

1/2 cup of salsa
1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/4 cup chopped green pepper (You can add chopped red pepper too if you like)
1 tablepoon chopped cilantro (or may use dry if you HAVE to).
1 tablespoon lime juice

2 1/2 - 3 lbs of chicken

1. Mix brushing sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.

2. Mix vegetable sauce ingredients in small pan on stove. Bring just to boiling and then remove from heat to just keep warm.

3. Grill chicken and brush with brushing sauce for the last 10 minutes of grilling. When chicken is done, pour vegetable sauce over it and serve.

We usually serve this with either some sort of flavored rice or my dh's fave - foil packets with new potatoes, onions, and green beans with butter and garlic that we can grill or do in the oven. Corn on the cob and french bread and it's a full meal. (Except for dessert of course ;)

These sound good too! Thanks. I never thought to just boil those chicken on the bone pieces. I believe you when you say the chicken practically falls off the bone. That is similar to the consistency of the chicken in my spanish chicken and yellow rice.

Rafikifan~ Off the chicken topic, how do you make the new potato foil packets exactly? Are those fresh or canned green beans? We'd all love those.

I stew my chicken for enchiladas in water with onions, garlic and celery....the meat shreds very easily and tastes great.
here are some of our favorite chicken recipes (I use chicken a lot)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Applebee's® Chicken Fajita Rollup

Recipe By :topsecretrecipes
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chicken/Turkey Sandwiches

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Marinade
2 cups water
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
1 tablespoon ground chipotle pepper -- OR
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons hickory smoke flavoring
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 chicken breast fillets
Mexi-ranch Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 tablespoons diced tomato
1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon canned green chile pepper
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch dried dill weed
1 pinch cumin
1 pinch cayenne pepper
Pico de Gallo
2 medium tomatoes -- diced
1/3 cup diced red onion
1 jalapeno -- seeded and diced
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 large flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce

The chicken needs to marinate for 2 hours, so make the marinade first by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Stir well until the sugar has dissolved.
Add four chicken breasts to the marinade, cover and chill for 2 hours. Don't let the chicken marinate for much more than that or it could get tough.
While the chicken marinates, prepare the dipping sauce by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well then cover and chill. This will allow all the flavors to develop nicely while parked in the fridge.
The pico de gallo will also develop nicely in the fridge. Combine all those ingredients, then cover and chill it as well..
When you're ready to make your roll-ups, preheat your grill to medium/high heat.
Grill the chicken breast for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
Build each roll-up by first laying a large flour tortilla in a large skillet over low-heat. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the combined cheeses over the surface of the tortilla while it heats up in the pan.
When the cheese begins to melt, remove the tortilla from the pan.
Sprinkle about 1 cup of shredded lettuce in a strip across the center of the tortilla, followed by about 3 tablespoons of pico de gallo.
Slice one grilled chicken breast into bite-size chunks and arrange the chicken on the lettuce. Fold the ends of the tortilla over the filling, then roll the tortilla from the bottom.
Make a diagonal cut across the center of the roll-up and serve with a small dish of the dipping sauce on the side.

Casserole Chicken Cordon Bleu

Recipe By :Sheila Exner
Categories : Casseroles Chicken/Turkey

2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups stuffing mix
4 chicken breast halves
4 slices Swiss cheese
4 slices ham
2 cans chicken gravy

Stream broccoli.
Moisten stuffing mix.
Combine broccoli and stuffing. (Do not steam broccoli more than 2 minutes.)
Put chicken breasts in baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Top chicken with cheese slice, then ham slice, then stuffing mix.
Cover and microwave on med.-high (70 percent) for 15 minutes, rotating dish three times. Uncover, top with chicken gravy. Microwave on high to heat.

Chicken & Peanut Noodles

Recipe By :Family Circle
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chicken/Turkey

1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts -- 1/4" thick slices
3 cloves garlic -- minced
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups water
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 packages chicken flavored ramen noodles, reserving
1 packet seasoning -- (3 ounces each)
1 pound mixed pepper strips
3 scallions -- thinly sliced
unsalted peanuts -- optional

Heat oil in large skillet.
Add chicken and garlic. Stir-fry 3 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from heat. Remove chicken from skillet.
Spoon peanut butter into skillet. Whisk in water, vinegar, soy, pepper flakes and 1 seasoning packet from ramen.
Bring to boiling.
Add needles, breaking up slightly.
Add chicken. Cover. Simmer 4 minutes, stirring to separate noodles.
Place pepper strips on top. Cover. Simmer 3 minutes.
Stir to combine. Sprinkle with scallions--and peanuts, if desired.

Chicken Artichoke Casserole

Recipe By :Barbara

3/4 cup chicken broth
4 cooked chicken breasts -- shredded
1 can artichoke hearts
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup half and half
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons sherry
1/4 pound mushrooms
pepper -- to taste

Saute mushrooms first.
Melt butter and add flour, salt and pepper. Stir until bubbly. Add sauteed mushrooms. Remove from heat.
Stir in 3/4 cup chicken broth. Slowly add half and half.
Put back on low heat and stir until thickened. Add cheese and sherry.
Remove from heat. Stir in chicken.
Bake 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until hot.
Serve over rice or noodles.

Lattice-Top Chicken

Recipe By :Better Homes and Gardens
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00

1 can condensed cream of potato soup
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
16 ounces frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can french fried onions
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls

Combine soup, milk, salt, chicken, vegetables, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 can onions.
Place in 8x12" baking dish.
Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Unwrap crescent rolls. Separate into 2 rectangles. Press together perforated cuts. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 3 strips.
Place strips on casserole to form lattice top.
Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer.
Top lattice with remaining cheese and onions. Bake uncovered, 3-5 minutes.

Panda Express Mandarin Chicken

Recipe By :topsecretrecipes
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chicken/Turkey Foreign

2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1/4 cup water
4 teaspoons arrowroot
6 skinless chicken thigh fillets

Combine sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan. Combine water with arrowroot in a small bowl and stir until arrowroot is dissolved. Add to saucepan and turn heat to high. Stir often while bringing mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until sauce is thick.
Preheat your grill on high for the chicken.
When the grill is hot, rub each chicken piece with oil and cook the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until done. Chicken should have browned in spots.
When chicken is done, chop it into bite-size pieces. Pour the chicken pieces into a large frying pan over medium heat. Heat until chicken sizzles then reduce heat and cover chicken until ready to serve.
Spoon chicken into a medium bowl, then pour all the sauce over the chicken and stir until well-coated.
Serve with steamed white rice.

ADisneygirl said:
These sound good too! Thanks. I never thought to just boil those chicken on the bone pieces. I believe you when you say the chicken practically falls off the bone. That is similar to the consistency of the chicken in my spanish chicken and yellow rice.

Rafikifan~ Off the chicken topic, how do you make the new potato foil packets exactly? Are those fresh or canned green beans? We'd all love those.

ADisneygirl,
You can either use the pre-made foil pockets like Reynold's makes or just use regular aluminum foil and make your own pouch. I slice new (red) potatoes and put them in a bowl of either fresh green beans cut into pieces or mostly defosted frozen green beans. I cover them with a little olive oil. From then on let your taste be your guide. I have used both dry Italian dressing or dry ranch (according to taste and amount of veggies - I never use the whole packet) and mixed it all up, put the combo in my foil package, add a little garlic salt if you like, and dot with butter. Add just a tad of water. Grill for about 30 minutes or until all veggies are tender. I know I am being vague but I tend to use what I have on hand or try new things. I'm not into measuring :confused3

Edited to add: If your family likes bacon bacon bits or Bacos are a good topping.

ADisneygirl said:
I have some chicken breast on the bone that I am at a loss for how to cook up in a different way for the family who is getting tired of my baked chicken or my spanish chicken and yellow rice recipes that I usually make with this chicken. I guess I am in a chicken rut.

Any ideas for something different? Help!

I'd love to hear about your spanish chicken, and yellow rice recipes. I'm always looking for new hopefully easy ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter