chicken nuggets on the buffets

tami82

DIS Veteran
I looked over the menus for some of the buffets such as Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare are the chicken nuggets good? Im not talking about the cheapo McDonald type nuggets but the real white meat nuggets.

I tried one of DD's at Boma and it was surprisingly delicious! I don't know about the rest.

Thanks. I know that if all else fails and im not crazy about too much on the buffets, i can always hit up the chicken nuggets:)

Yep! DD pretty much ate her weight in chicken nuggets on our last trip, and no complaints from her -- the nugget afficionato (sp). I have to say, she does enjoy her Mcnuggets, too, though, so :confused3

My little guy LOVES chicken nuggets. We did Chef Mickey last week. He took one nibble and didn't touch them again. Maybe we got an off night, but he said they weren't very good. The chicken breast nuggets we got at CS places were really yummy though. The nuggets on the kids' section of the buffets were nothing like them.

The chicken nuggets that Disney uses are pretty good quality. They are more like chicken strips cut into the size of nuggets, so actual pieces of meat not that spongy stuff. I have not had the nuggets on the buffet but they used the same nuggets in pretty much every TS and CS so I imagine they are the same ones of the buffet.

The chicken nuggets that Disney uses are pretty good quality. They are more like chicken strips cut into the size of nuggets, so actual pieces of meat not that spongy stuff. I have not had the nuggets on the buffet but they used the same nuggets in pretty much every TS and CS so I imagine they are the same ones of the buffet.

I think this is adult vs kids nuggets. On the adult menus, it said chicken "breast" nuggets. We got these at the Electric Umbrella one evening and they were super yummy. They seemed like strips cut into smaller pieces, just as you mention. On the kids, it just said nuggets. The nuggets on the kids sections of the buffets were the funny shaped ones, probably not what you're talking about. They all looked kinda flat to me, all identical really. I saw a thread not too long before we left about "plastic bacon.. no chicken strips?" or something like that, so I was prepared for this in advance though. I don't want to scare anyone away from the nuggets on the buffet, but I also don't want to look like I don't know what I'm talking about. I saw them on the Cape May & Chef Mickey buffets last week! :)

This was a BIG issue for us last trip. The adult "chicken strips/nuggets" were quite good. My older kids loved them.

The children's chicken nuggets however left alot to be desired. My 7 year old loves chicken nuggets but hated the Disney kids counter service nuggets ( and they were the same at every place we ate counter service).

So, it eventually turned into "why do THEY get to have the good nuggets and I have to eat these DISGUSTING nuggets?" Pretty good question from an otherwise pretty irrational 7 year.

Consider yourself warned.

I'm a very picky eater, and chicken nuggets on the kids' buffet were the one thing that I could always count on being able to eat. Not anymore!

September 2008 - Chicken nuggets on the buffets were really good. They were like the ones that are served in adult counter service meals in the parks.

March 2009 - Chicken nuggets are the buffets were disgusting! They were some kind of pressed, mushed together chicken stuff. I ate one and that was enough!

May 2009 - Still the same chicken nuggets as March. I refused to eat any.

I hope Disney comes to their senses and brings back the good chicken nuggets!

The Chicken Breast Nuggets are awesome.The plain chicken nuggets are gross. We ate the breast nuggets at CS too, you just needed to know where to look for them

1900 PF didnt have chicken nuggets and my littlest niece was devastated...they had chicken wings and she doesnt eat those

On our last trip this past Jan, I was disappointed to find that Gasparilla's at GF no longer had a chicken finger meal which I had enjoyed the previous Jan. Instead they had a chicken nugget meal. In general, I'm not a huge fan of chicken nuggets anywhere because often they are gross and taste like a sponge. I got it anyway, and I LOVED them. They were delicious, and I ended up getting them there several times (hehe). I was thrilled later in the week to find the same nuggets at Crystal Palace. I can only assume these are the same adult nuggets at other buffets. I have to agree with the other posters who say they seem to be regular chicken fingers cut down. They were MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than those nasty chicken mcnuggets at mcdonalds.

I agree i dont like the spongy type chicken nuggets (fake chicken). Im glad to see i will be able to get the good stuff at the CS meals.

Just what are the kids chicken nuggets like though? DD2 loves the McDonalds kind and is really fussy about the ones she'll eat from restaurants. Too much breading, and she won't touch them. She likes the cheapo Banquet kind you get in a big bag in the grocery store. Is that what you guys have been talking about? I'm hoping it is because they seem to be on EVERY menu and it's something I know she'll eat. How about mac and cheese? On the kids buffets, is it the homemade kind or the box kind?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter