• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicken Nicoise Salad at BOG lunch - does it exist ?

Thorb73

Tinkerelli and Pooh
Hi everybody,

though we went for BOG dinner last year we decided to go fo lunch this year. Got our fast pass but now there is a small issue...

We looked at the lunch menu on the Disney website and our picky kids both choose the chicken nicoise salad which is listed there.

When I made our Fast pass reservation this salad was not listed at all ? So is the menu on the website wrong, old, outdated ?

Or is there a secret way to get this salad ??

Please help because without the salad it could become a desaster and I'm thinking about cancelling the fast pass....
Thanks!
Thorsten

We had the Tuna Nicoise in February. Never saw a Chicken Niçoise.

Hi everybody,

though we went for BOG dinner last year we decided to go fo lunch this year. Got our fast pass but now there is a small issue...

We looked at the lunch menu on the Disney website and our picky kids both choose the chicken nicoise salad which is listed there.

When I made our Fast pass reservation this salad was not listed at all ? So is the menu on the website wrong, old, outdated ?

Or is there a secret way to get this salad ??

Please help because without the salad it could become a desaster and I'm thinking about cancelling the fast pass....
Thanks!
Thorsten

Always was Tuna Nicoise, never was Chicken Nicoise.
It is seared tuna steak---think raw.
Unless your picky kids eat sashimi and rare to raw tuna, probably not a good choice for them.

As OP said, it is listed on the lunch menu on the WDW website - I just looked, too.

Maybe their website is an error?

My apologies to OP. It sure is there. When did they add that? They have "expanded" the menu quite a bit. EX: Chicken Nicoise Salad, Chicken Nicoise Salad without an egg, Master's Cupcake, Master's cupcake without garnish, etc. A few additional items, but mostly just personalizing existing items.
It is great they added Chicken Nicoise Salad. I bet they will have a lot of orders of that. I hope it doesn't lead them to eliminating the Tuna Nicoise.

The big question for me is : does the chicken nicoise salad really exist :-)

When I choose our order via the be our guest fastpass website this chicken nicoise salad did not appear as an option - so I was wondering if anybody ever ordered it or if it is really an error on their website...
And so far I could not find anyone who ordered it nor could I find any picture on the web....

Strange....

Has been on the menu and available for a while.

So you were able to order it ? Do you then maybe know how I can pre-order it on the fast pass website ? Because currently this choice simply does not exist..

Will I be able to modify my selection once I arrive at the restaurant and then choose the salad for the kids ?

TIA!

So you were able to order it ?
. . . yes
. . . we had it AND the tuna for our dining review

Do you then maybe know how I can pre-order it on the fast pass website ?
. . . don't think so

Will I be able to modify my selection once I arrive at the restaurant and then choose the salad for the kids ?
. . . usually not
. . . just don't pre-order

I was just playing around with this and if you filter for allergens and select fish, the chicken nicoise salad becomes an option!:cool1:

I went to order and saw the chicken nicoise salad, think on my MDE app on the phone.....would be nice to see a pic or hear from someone who actually ATE one! :)

:earboy2:Ok I just went to the ordering section on puter for my adr at BOG.....it did not appear until I hit the allergy friendly menu in upper right corner and selected fish as an allergy.....then tuna disappeared and chicken was in it's spot, with or without egg. Think that sounds good to me! Now will be interesting to see what appears at my table.....thanks to kajack....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter