Chicco C6, Graco Ipo or Jeep umbrella stroller

Husky359

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney in 2 months and my son will be 12 months old. I know there are so many threads about strollers, but I was specifically looking at these 3 (Chicco C6, Graco Ipo, Jeep umbrella stroller) so I could get one from Walmart. If there is a better one in this price range, though, I could look elsewhere, so please just let me know what is best in my price range.

We don't use strollers often, I use different baby carriers. But I know that all day at Disney we will be able to use a break. I am looking at spending under $70 since it is really just for Disney - though I am sure we will eventually use it for other things, too.
*As a side note, we DO need a jogging stroller as well, so if there is one that could fold down really small but is more expensive, that may be worth it to us!

My son is an absolutely horrible napper, so I am not sure which stroller really matters all that much, but still, I think the stroller should be able to recline. The basket will be helpful for future use but will only minimally help this trip since I know we won't want to leave things in it when we go on rides. But a basket will still be helpful. Cup holders and trays would be helpful, but if there is an after market product that could work, too.

We will be using the monorail and busses, plus we are going on the Disney cruise afterward.

So I guess I'd like cheap, reclining, cup holders, basket, comfort for the kid and decent to push. Short handles really don't matter to us because we are short people. Collapsible for the busses and monorail would be great with a way to clasp and carry it.

Thanks!

We are going to Disney in 2 months and my son will be 12 months old. I know there are so many threads about strollers, but I was specifically looking at these 3 (Chicco C6, Graco Ipo, Jeep umbrella stroller) so I could get one from Walmart. If there is a better one in this price range, though, I could look elsewhere, so please just let me know what is best in my price range.

We don't use strollers often, I use different baby carriers. But I know that all day at Disney we will be able to use a break. I am looking at spending under $70 since it is really just for Disney - though I am sure we will eventually use it for other things, too.
*As a side note, we DO need a jogging stroller as well, so if there is one that could fold down really small but is more expensive, that may be worth it to us!

My son is an absolutely horrible napper, so I am not sure which stroller really matters all that much, but still, I think the stroller should be able to recline. The basket will be helpful for future use but will only minimally help this trip since I know we won't want to leave things in it when we go on rides. But a basket will still be helpful. Cup holders and trays would be helpful, but if there is an after market product that could work, too.

We will be using the monorail and busses, plus we are going on the Disney cruise afterward.

So I guess I'd like cheap, reclining, cup holders, basket, comfort for the kid and decent to push. Short handles really don't matter to us because we are short people. Collapsible for the busses and monorail would be great with a way to clasp and carry it.

Thanks!
Bumping this for you- as we're looking for a new stroller too!
I'm leaning towards the Graco Ipo as the reviews for it on many different websites seem to be really great!:) (I checked out at least 8 different sites w/reviews!)
I'd rather have one that is 2-3 pounds heavier then a Maclaren and has more features such as the recline!

My son is an absolutely horrible napper,QUOTE]

My DS is the same way. But at Disney he will actually sleep in the stroller. We took a Peg Pliko P3 that I found on albeebaby.com for $159. I know this is more than you want to spend though. What we really loved about this strolelr was the full recline and the canopy fully covered DS. DS's hair is still pretty thin and very blond, so we didn't want his head to burn. (he didn't start getting hair until his 1st birthday).

I have 2 Graco IPO's and love them. We bought them before heading to WDW last year. My kids were 2 and 5 when we puchased them, they weighed about 28 lbs and 35 lbs. They were fine in them but just to warn your, these strollers are heavy when folded up but we didn't plan to carry the stollers except to put in the trunck so it wasn't a big deal to us.

We are not using these strollers on our trip next week, DH and my oldest DS are doing a few things in other areas in Orlando so most of the time I will be the only adult. We rented a double stroller from orlandostrollerrental.com so I only have 1 stroller to keep up with at the parks.

We have a Graco IPO. We've used it since our daughter was 7 months old (she is now 18 months). In September, my husband was playing in a softball tournament at WWoS, and we had an extra day in which we decided to do Epcot. We used our stroller in the park, and it did fine. I was more comfortable havign our stroller, and it was easy to find, compared to everyone else having the Disney rent-a-stroller.

Our daughter also feel alseep from Norway to just past Japan when we walked around World Showcase. The stroller reclines and has a large sunshade that's lockable so she got in a good nap. The seat part is also large, and there extra length that supports her legs. The Graco IPO is easy to set up (I often do it one hand/one foot) and easy to fold up when needed. There's a piece that locks it all together when folded up. The basket underneath is good size, it held my Kate Spade diapier bag, and a few other souvineer bags squished in from Disney. All we took for my daughter into the park was in her diaper bag, and we did fine. Oh and from experience, I like the Graco because my diaper bag can get REALLY heavy at times, and I am able to throw it over the handle on one side, and the stroller does not tip. My daughter is only about 24 pounds so she's a lightweight.

Love my Graco IPO:thumbsup2

We have the Jeep umbrella and love it. It's a great stroller for a good price. But I'm sorry to say that it does NOT recline.

We took DD in a Graco Ipo and LOVED it! I bought it when they first came out and there weren't many reviews on it. It worked great! The height is tall so even DH could push it without kicking the wheels. Nice, comfy handles. It folds up umbrella style, which makes the buses easy to navigate. And it reclines all the way for napping. We didn't even bother going back to the room, DD napped in the stroller.

Here is a picture of her napping at MK:
dsc03439.jpg

The only small negative is that it's not easy to get to the basket, and it's kind of small. But, we just hung bags from the handles.

We had 2 Ipos and hated them. The frong wheels on both of them would not turn properly and would just slide across the ground. This was after only 5 days of Disney use. We sold them and lost a lot of money. I would not recommend them.

You might want to consider a Peg Aria single. They are on clearance in last years colors for only $89 from retailers like Albee Baby. They are super, super light, recline nicely, decent sun shade, really big basket, cup holder, one hand push/steer and one hand fold. You could hold the child fold it up and board transportation.

AUGH....Shnoop is killing me! I ended up ordering this one instead of waiting for the Graco Ipo to go on sale.
http://www.shnoop.com/index.php
The Silver Cross Pop in Aqua....it's the middle priced of the 2 they make. It was $67.94 with shipping....I couldn't touch that price anywhere else online!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter