• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicagoland area Dis-ers

macraven, we lucked out here in the Janesville area and didn't lose power. Lost our tree last year in the storm. Sorry to hear about your bad time! You guys seem to lose power a lot more often than we do.

Love, love, love your Cubbie sign! So glad Ronnie's statue is up! Now if the team would only start playing ball in April.

Getting ready to head out to Disneyland in a few days. :banana::banana::banana: Is there anyone else from our group here going to the Expo?

I'm from Monroe, Iowa. I'm glad I found you guys! I, too, was beginning to think everyone was from the East Coast.

Planning our next two to four visits to Disney before the end of the year. We know that we are going to be there Dec. 2 - have reservations for the Candlelight Processional dinner package with Whoopi Goldberg doing the narrating. We are also going in Oct for Food & Wine/Halloween Party - not sure which week yet - sometime around my birthday. I think that it is so great that Disney does the F&W for my birthday. ;) Also planning our Feb 2012 trip to cheer our daughter on (and help watch the grandkids) when she runs in the Princess Marathon.

Pooh06- Hello!

I've lived in Pella for years- two different stints!

Now we are in St. Charles, IL- about 1 hour from downtown Chicago. We've lived here about 5 years now. Great area to live- but missing my kids, grandson, and friends back in Iowa!

Go Hawks! (And I am a UNI grad- and son #2 is an ISU grad!)

Schererville, IN to be exact!
I work quite often in Burbank, Oak Lawn, Orland, Palos and the south side of the City.

Also quite often in the opposite direction in Indiana in Valpo, Knox, North Judson and Michigan City.

Love seeing so many others from the area!

Pooh06- Hello!

Now we are in St. Charles, IL- about 1 hour from downtown Chicago. We've lived here about 5 years now. Great area to live- but missing my kids, grandson, and friends back in Iowa!

Hey neighbor! I'm in Batavia.

Pooh06- Hello!

Hi Pam!!

I actually work for the hospital in Pella! I've lived in Iowa my whole life. It is a great area!!!! However, I do love Florida....hate the cold winters!!!

Love the Hawks!!!! My daughter is a junior at Drake. I do have a niece who goes to U Of I!!!!.

Algonquin here! Anyone in the area going last weekend in Sept?

4.gif

Algonquin here! Anyone in the area going last weekend in Sept?

we will be coming home then.. darn.. but I work in ALgonquin.. at Wine and Roses restaurant. (ps, we have pizza now!)

I live in cvilee, but we lived in alg. when the boys grew up, they went to jacobs!

NW Illinois here and going to the Food and Wine towards the end of Oct. I can't wait, bring on the food!!!:banana:

Lowell, Indiana, here! Didn't know this thread existed. :) I can't wait until my next Disney trip. It can't come soon enough.

hurray!!!! We are going just for Halloween Horror Nights opening weekend. (We go every year!)
We wont get to Disney this time. I miss F&W festival though.
Any other Halloween/Haunted House fans?!

Another Algonquinite checking in. Moved to Algonquin in 1974 and I have pretty much stayed here. I graduated from Jacobs in '86. My son graduated from DCHS in hmmmm.... 2006??? I can't remember! Now I have a daughter who is a Freshman at DCHS.

Just saw this thread! Checking in from Northern Illinois, just south of the border! Going solo for 2nd time, 3rd week of this month! Cannot wait!!
:banana:

Love the Hawks!!!! My daughter is a junior at Drake. I do have a niece who goes to U Of I!!!!.

Small world.. my oldest goes to Cornell in Mt Vernon IA.. about 20 minutes from Iowa City.. youngest goes to U of ILL in Champaign..

Just a heads up for those of you who drive to Disney - be careful of your speed in Turner County, GA (about 70-80 miles from the FL state line). There are sheriffs police clocking in that small stretch of highway. On our trip home 2 weeks ago, we saw about 4 cars on each side (north and south) between approximately the 75 and 85 mile marker. Thought that was kind of unusual - so I looked up on the internet and found a lot of people complaining about the speed traps in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter