Chicago Police Officer Killed

I had a rather lengthy post typed up, but deleted it as my past posts about my profession usually yield negative comments here. I do want to say this: It takes a cold person to shoot someone 15 times because of their uniform. I have zero doubt that had this individual not had a gun, he would have used something else (car, ball bat, knife) to attack that officer. He woke up that morning intent on killing someone, and he would have found a way to carry out his sick plan regardless of the tools at hand.

Last edited:
They released the name of the victim. He was a 32 year veteran with four sons. :( Three suspects-2 white and 1 black, are still at large. The school my dd's would have attended canceled bus service. All children are parent pick up.

So many officers are getting killed. There has to be a way to keep the officers more safe.

The officer was originally going to retire last month, but was asked to stay on for a smoother transition.

Still searching here at 7:30 CDT. From at least what is being released, no nearer finding any of the three slimeballs. There is thought that the night time tools, infrared, FLIR, etc, may help if they are hiding in woods, swamps, brush, etc.

Parents live 10 mins from where this happened. Scary situation for sure. My mom's school was on soft lockdown for most of day.

I "liked" and "shared" this post. :thumbsup2
11960246_10153612695712372_4075201757067956050_n.jpg

What has been happening to Law Enforcement officers in our Nation is a disgrace, Police are vilified no matter what they do. I know some cops and the bad ones they want punished as much as the next person there are over 900,000 Law enforcement officers in the USA so many more good than bad. It is sad there are good and bad in every profession but when it is a cop the media runs with it and that is a disgrace. The officer in Houston was outright executed yet the politians who have repeatedly condemned the police remain silent that is very telling. I just looked at the Officer Down Memorial Page and in the past 8 days 7 Law Enforcement Officers have died in the line of duty 4 of them were shot to death. I am sad and my heart is breaking for the kids that are left behind, so senseless.

I put most of the blame on the low-life slime that commit these murders but the press needs to take a long hard look at itself. The press constantly goes on about the "bad" cops and provides way too much coverage to the groups that are behind a lot of this. I know that people have been mistreated by a few police officers but I'm struggling to stay sympathetic. A few bad eggs does not in any way justify this war on police just as it wouldn't in any profession.

My heart goes out to all of the families that have lost heroic family members.

@TAX GUY Did you quote me because you thought I'd delete? I'll stand by that comment. ;) It's a big, ugly, nasty systemic problem and I don't have any idea how to begin to solve it and it has me really unnerved. I really hope this was NOT a targeting of an officer simply because he's an officer and we don't have any information at this point that that's what happened.

He was gunned down because he was chasing the lowlife scum of the earth. Does that make it better? That he was killed while in pursuit rather than being blown away while pumping gas?

While there may be instances of police overstepping or down right criminal behavior, if you look at it in relation to the number of sworn officers it reall is a very small percentage. The press just has to make every instance when some poor "innocent" cries brutality a lead story. They then disappear when they find out the real facts but you never hear them correct and say OOPS we got that one wrong.

However, with regards to the police brutality, one could simply comply (even if they have done nothing wrong) until the situation is sorted out. The brutality and use of force comes when s(he) decides they don't need to listen.

This!

So many officers are getting killed. There has to be a way to keep the officers more safe.

I don't think there really is. The very nature of their job puts them in direct contact with people who have no problem hurting others "just because/hate" or to get away.

This is making me sick. DH is a CO, not a patrol officer and I get nervous every time we see someone who was an inmate when we're out and about(it's not a huge city so it happens pretty often). I couldn't imagine if he were patrol. It would be like sending him to war every day. He has many family members who are on patrol. One in particular we are as close as close can be. I see his wife go through it. Ugh... :(

He was gunned down because he was chasing the lowlife scum of the earth. Does that make it better? That he was killed while in pursuit rather than being blown away while pumping gas?

While there may be instances of police overstepping or down right criminal behavior, if you look at it in relation to the number of sworn officers it reall is a very small percentage. The press just has to make every instance when some poor "innocent" cries brutality a lead story. They then disappear when they find out the real facts but you never hear them correct and say OOPS we got that one wrong.

I don't want to get into a protracted debate. It makes no difference to the family of the officer who was murdered what the reasonings of the killer(s) were. Not one bit. It's the same outcome for them. Having lived in that area and still having family and friends there, my hope is that these men didn't premeditate the killing of an officer simply because it was an officer and that it was a stop gone bad. For me, that means more security for the community. If I still lived there, I'd feel better (marginally) that the killing was over a stop gone awry (which does happen) than people either in my community or coming my community planning to execute police officers.

I don't want to get into a protracted debate. It makes no difference to the family of the officer who was murdered what the reasonings of the killer(s) were. Not one bit. It's the same outcome for them. Having lived in that area and still having family and friends there, my hope is that these men didn't premeditate the killing of an officer simply because it was an officer and that it was a stop gone bad. For me, that means more security for the community. If I still lived there, I'd feel better (marginally) that the killing was over a stop gone awry (which does happen) than people either in my community or coming my community planning to execute police officers.

WOW JUST WOW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter