Chicago Doorway to Dreams member preview Aug 1-3

skylynx

DIS Sponsor in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado
Hey...any DVC folks around the Chicagoland area...just got a postcard in the mail that the Doorway to Dreams store in Woodfield will be doing a member "sneak peak" Aug 1-3 including views of the AKV models and "limited time incentives."

The public grand opening is August 4 with the mouse himself in attendance.

I'm so there.

:-)

Yep.

Received mine in the mail today as well.

Looks like I'm going to have to schedule a day at Woodfield Mall! :)

Why they gotta say limited time incentives.........I just added on!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
But yeah I'll be there also...........................

Is this open to anyone, or is it more invite-only? I live in Michigan and would gladly drive over to check it out.

eta: I did not (yet) receive a postcard.

The card says "Disney Vacation Club members and their friends" can attend the preview, so I doubt anyone will be turned away. It just won't be marketed to anyone other than DVC members until the official August 4 grand event. I'm sure there will be plenty of shoppers wandering in...Disney's not about to shoo out prospective members for happening by the "soft" opening.

We got the postcard today too! :cool1:

Actually, we were at Woodfield Saturday and I took a spin by to see if they might have any info on the opening. There was nothing other than "coming soon".

We will definitely be there! :banana: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo:

Is this all day during mall hours on the 1st-3rd, or are there certain hours?

How far is the mall from downtown chicago? I have a convention there in the fall and would love to stop by.:hippie:

Sounds like a road trip to the Chicago area would be alot of fun - hmmmm - definitely plan to get out there to see the preview center sometime.

Is this all day during mall hours on the 1st-3rd, or are there certain hours?

They do not list any specific hours on the postcard but it does say "Watch your mail for more information, coming soon!" so there might be specific hours.

How far is the mall from downtown chicago? I have a convention there in the fall and would love to stop by.:hippie:

Woodfield Mall is in Schaumburg, IL and about 30-40min (without traffic) northwest of downtown Chicago. There is info on their website with directions and public transportation info, http://www.shopwoodfield.com/.

We are interested in the "limited time incentives" because we would like to add on, but do you suppose they are the same ones Disney is offering now?
We would be willing to take a road trip to Chicago from Ohio, too if we were inspired by some even sweeter incentives ;) .

We will be too! Spoke to our guide a couple of weeks ago regarding adding on at AKV, and he mentioned he's coming up for it, so we plan on saying "hi" to him.

Actually will be going to Woodfield this weekend. Irish dancer, where exactly is it located? If we can get DH out of the Apple store, (heck, if we can walk past the Apple store!) we may walk past it to see if there's anything going on!:)

It is on the upper level just outside Nordstrom. When we were there last weekend they had the front boarded up, it was painted light blue with clouds and said Coming Soon....Disney's Doorway to Dreams.

Is the postcard only being sent to those in the Chicago vicinity or region? Anyone outside of that received one yet?

O.K., down there, thanks! (but that will mean we'll be in that wing, so there may be no way to avoid the apple store.....Dh will be happy!).

We'd go but we'll be at WDW. Aww too bad...:laughing:

We are in the Chicago suburbs and received our post card in the mail. Looking forward to touring when they open!

Is the postcard only being sent to those in the Chicago vicinity or region? Anyone outside of that received one yet?

We are in NW Indiana & got our last week as well. We've done a small add-on but never know if the incentive is great:thumbsup2

I'm so pissed I didn't get one... I LIVE IN NAPERVILLE DISNEY!!!!

We got the postcard today too! :cool1:

Actually, we were at Woodfield Saturday and I took a spin by to see if they might have any info on the opening. There was nothing other than "coming soon".

We will definitely be there! :banana: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter