Chicago discounts?

cjnix29

DIS Veteran
My friend has finally gotten her husband to take her on a mini vacation. They are going to Chicago. She has asked me to find her whatever attraction discounts I could find. I know my budget board peeps can help me out!

We are huge fans of groupon, its 1 deal a day type of thing.

We have now bought 1/2 price tickets to bobbys bike hike, seadog lake shore cruises from navy pier and various food places. It gives us a nice cheap vacation when we head down for the weekend.

Otherwise stalk the entertainment book website for Chicago, last week the books were $12. Lots of coupons if they are going this summer!

I highly recommend the Go Chicago card. I just got back from Chicago and five of us purchased the Go Chicago card before our trip which was on sale for around $95. We did two boat cruises, visited Navy Pier, did the Planetarium, Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, John Hancock Center and an open air bus tour and saved approximately $75 each using the card. We were there for three and half days (card was valid for three days) and we all definitely felt we got our money's worth. If they are only there for a short time the City Pass might be a better value. There are also shopping discounts and dining discounts with the Go Chicago card.

It depends on when they visit Chicago. During the summer months, there are lots of festivals, http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en.html

Free concerts at Millennium Park (www.millenniumpark.org).

The museums often offer free days,
http://www.chicagohotblog.com/chicago-museum-free-days

Lincoln Park Zoo is always free, walking around Navy Pier is free, and even strolling up/down Michigan Ave. is free! Can't guarantee "free" if you go into the stores. :rotfl:

Navy Pier offers fireworks every summer Saturday at 10:15pm. Lots of great deals on many hotels in the area as well.

They will have a GREAT time!

You can sign up for text messages from the Shedd Aquarium. I got a text last week with a link to a B1G1F admission coupon--great deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter