• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully his won't contain too many typos- I am doing this while on the phone!
My leg is not looking much better, unfortunately. It kinda looks like a sunny side up fried egg bruise. Nice visual, huh? I was not going to switch drs, since I never go and I like my dr! Now this! Grr!
I wouldlove to go to the Ant Bully, as long as it is not over our trip. Leaving 8/22! Is Todai sushi? I have never been there.
Okay, now I am spacing out on the phone...better go. I might pop in later.

Ooh. Can't believe this is still working. I am snagging the neighbor's wireless.

hiya paint!!

Todai is Japanese buffet! it's got all kinds of stuff not just sushi!! it's YUMMY!!

sorry your leg is yucky!

Just got home and it is starting to storm. It is also getting cooler :cheer2:

I ended up working tomorrow. So that means I will have Friday for sure off. The vice president is coming in and we have to look great. :)

Michelle---I am glad your sis is home and everything seems ok.

HERSEY-the H---I would love to give you some pie, no one here likes it but me :teeth:

Nicole---I hope you are feeling better, I can't believe you have to wait that long, so just take it easy.

OH lots of lightening
4.gif
I guess I should really get off the computer :rolleyes:

I will just say
2.gif
to everyone

Hello all, I am up late, Hayley is not feeling to well, I think the AC is making her sick, she has a bad runny nose and sneezing alot. I havn't been able to take the girl's out the past few days, so today I took my sister, Sarah out to dinner then we stopped to see mom at work. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

jedi_librarian said:
today was my turn - I'm playing Dora the Explorer at the library!! They needed someone short, and no one in Youth services fits that description, so I've come out from behind the Reference desk to help out! I did a session this morning and I have to do another one in about 2 hours.
I WISH I had known! :teeth: We'd have been there! :thumbsup2

HERSEY said:
Perhaps your sister's experience was less than stellar. I'm bringing out the big words today. I cleaned the crumbs out of the keyboard. Perhaps that was my problem. :rolleyes1
Did you find the 2nd "H"?! :rotfl:

J/K

2sweetangels I really like the new pictures of the girls. You are very creative.

KimRaye No I never did find the "h". Perhaps Hershey on his frequent trips to nose around my computer snatched it. :lmao:

I hope everyone is ok after last nights storm. I should look around and make sure everything is ok here. I think the storm did something to my living room tv. No pictures just a funny green screen and the sound is ok. So now I have a big screen radio. :rotfl2: I think I may be the first on my block to have one.

DisneyMommyMichelle I thought you had a meet set up in woodfield to meet ants, the little crawly things. I thought I would tell you didn't have to go too far I have ants here. :lmao:

paintnolish If your leg is feeling better that's a good thing. As far as the bruising it sounds like it doing better. It's just not pretty with shorts.
Ooh. Can't believe this is still working. I am snagging the neighbor's wireless.
your not doing something illegal are you. :rolleyes1 How'd you do it? I have dail up I'm to chicken to change.

I hope the humidy is really gone my hands really don't like this.

Good morning, everyone!!

paintnolish - I just learned about neighbors and wireless connections last weekend when my nephew was visiting. I had no clue! I don't need to do it here, but he was trying to on his computer he brought.

Hersey - TV doesn't sound too good! That storm was wicked last night. Never saw so much continuous lightning! Fortunately for us, it seemed to all be south of us.

Slo - Still studying, eh? Good for you. My studying will be a bit slow for the next two days, but Thursday will be an all-day cram session before my last two tests of the class that night.

Well I finally worked on packing. I need to work on other pre-trip issues today, like going through my bill drawer and taking care of any payments. Luckily that's not nearly the task it used to be - I do automatic payments for nearly everything now.

I hope everyone has a great day today. Thankfully it won't be quite as hot as the past two days have been. TTYL

Good Tuesday morning everyone!!! :surfweb:

We got no rain last night :sad2: I was really praying for it, and so were my plants. I heard some thunder in the distance, but it never came by us. The storms look like they were pretty intense in some areas. If that's how it was by any of you, I hope you are all okay.

paintnolish - I'm sorry your leg is not doing any better :guilty: Sending lots of PD your way for it to get better soon :wizard: Keep us posted on how your leg is doing.

DisneyMommyMichelle - Have a nice day at home today. We are going to be kinda busy. Stephanie has school, then we have to order her birthday balloons, then we have to order her birthday cake and do some grocery shopping, then I'll let the girls go in the pool, then Stephanie has swim lessons, then I have school, and then I finally stay home :) It's a running around type of day.

cheyita - Are you studying today?

Nite0wl71 - Sorry you have to work today :guilty: So, you are having a dog and pony show at work today (that's what Kevin calls it when the big-wigs come to his plant :teeth: )?! I hope that goes well. A 3 day weekend will be nice for you, do you have anything planned?

2sweetangels - Your new picture in your siggie is really nice :goodvibes . You should print that larger and frame it for your apartment - it's very cute!!!! I'm sorry Hayley isn't feeling well :guilty: Sending lots of PD for her to feel better soon :wizard:

KimRaye - Hi there!!! :wave2:

HERSEY - What a drag about your TV :guilty: Do you think you are going to have to replace it?

Well, that's about it from me - have a great day everyone!!! :wave:

Good Morning!! :sunny:

I don't think we got any rain either! I saw some lightening at around 11pm, no thunder though. Oh well, our yard looked yucky to begin with this year. :teeth:

I'm feeling a lot better today, heart wise. Palpitations finally stopped last night. So it was a 24 hour period of them.
I do, however, have the worst stiff neck. I think all my stress is setteling there. :(

On to happier thoughts............. :)

Today is Hunter's 4th Birthday!!!
:cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :woohoo:

I can't believe it!! It really feels like I just had him. Maybe that's because I've spent so much time lately at the same hospital that he was born it!!!
:lmao: ;)

I still have a couple gifts to get him since I couldn't go anywhere yesterday with my heart going crazy. And Tony is taking a short day at his normal job today. So Hunter is going with him to one of our side-jobs, the one that's having an inspection today. That should be alot of fun for him to hang out with dad at work. Hopefully the inspector won't mind Hunter being there!! :teeth:

slo Try to avoid the cranky old people while your out and about today!! ;)

cheyita Hope your studying is going well. And good luck on your last tests!! :thumbsup2 Need help packing???? I love to pack!! :teeth:

Michelle So were you talking about the movie Ants, like Paintnolish thought, or was that a type-o??? And when is this get together, I don't remember you saying?

HersHey It sounds like your tv got zapped!! Do you have cable or satelite tv service?? This happened to us one year during a big storm. The cable service we had at the time got zapped and blew out the picture tube. :(

NiteOwl Hope all goes well at work with the big wigs!!!! :teeth:

Have a good day everyone!!! :wave:

I'll make you all feel better...we got the rain. :umbrella:

We also got the nasty lightening way before we got the rain. Although, it didn't rain that much but some.

We really need it though. We need a good day of continual rain..not a big surge that won't have time to soak in. Our grass is a bit on the brown side.

Anyway, off to get ready to take the 6 year old to speech in a bit.

10.gif

HAPPY

4TH

BIRTHDAY

HUNTER!!!!

10.gif

20.gif

11.gif

I hope you have a great day today - have fun being 4!!! :thumbsup2 :cheer2: :woohoo:

Just back from Disney two days ago. Not much change in the weather from there and here. Typical July crowds. Stayed at the Royal Pacific and the Wilderness Lodge the second week. We pirobably will become disney vacation members. We ate at Chef Mickeys and Cinderellas Royal table for lunch, which are now favorites. Anyway now is the countdown for me to get ready for DePaul! Going to the Sox game friday, anyone else sox fans?

Hi all-
We are going to a picnic at school today. Another one of Chrissy's 3/4 grade multiage teachers is leaving our school and becoming a vice-principal at hte Round Lake school dist. The teacher lives in Fox Lake and she travels an hour each way to teach here at our school for the past 5 yrs. Chrissy will still have her regular teacher she had last school yr in multiage.
Anyways, the picnic is on school grounds, by the school playground.

We had the rain, too last night. No damage to anything as far as I could tell.

Bunchkin- Happy 4th birthday, Hunter! party: :bday: :cake:

DMM- Never heard of Todai restaurant. It must be pretty new. There are SO many restaurants that have opened up in the Woodfield area within the past 3 yrs. I'm not much into Japanese food (never ate Japanese food).

2sweetangels- I love your siggie pic! That is so neat, the collage of pictures of the girsl!!

NiteOwl71- Best wishes at work with the Big Wigs today and tomorrow. :wizard:

Jedi_librarian- wish I could have seen you as Dora! My dd would have loved it,too!! They don't dress up at our library, either :sad2: We have some kind of racoon mascot, but I think it only makes an appearance once in a great while. Some of the librarians in the children's section at my library are not that kid-friendly oriented. They stay basically behind a counter and that's it.
They do have outside people come in and do children's reading or hand puppets, etc.

Hi Slo, paintnolish, cheyita, Becky2005, Hersey, and anyone else I missed :wave2:

Ok, I better go and get ready the day.

Rosemarie

Welcome, disneygrl16 to our thread! :welcome:
No,probably no change in the weather from here and Orlando :rotfl2:
Most of us here are Cubs fans, some are Sox fans.

Rosemarie

cheyita said:
paintnolish - I just learned about neighbors and wireless connections last weekend when my nephew was visiting. I had no clue! I don't need to do it here, but he was trying to on his computer he brought.

I can snag connections, but they're not very good, which is why I wanted to set up my own. (Plus it's just better anyway.) I got a new router on Sunday and I did finally get it to work! :cool1: However, I can't get it set up to use an encryption key, which is basically a password so others can't snag it. When I try to set it, it takes out my whole internet. So I'm still investigating, but at least I have a good wireless connection now! Next step, getting my laptop.... :banana:

roseprincess said:
Welcome, disneygrl16 to our thread! :welcome:
No,probably no change in the weather from here and Orlando :rotfl2:
Most of us here are Cubs fans, some are Sox fans.

Rosemarie

Add me to the Sox fan list! WHich of course has been brutal since I've been in New York visiting dh's family who are all Yankee fans :sad2:

My mom is at my house watching my kiddos & dogs...she called this morning to tell us they had pretty big hail, no power from 10:30 till 5 this am, and that a huge tree limb is in my back yard covering the sand box & half of the playground set...

oh goodie now we have something to do when we get home tonight :rolleyes:

Hope everyone else is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter