• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chex mix

sabrinadv1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone made any of the recipes on the Chex website other than the Monkey Munch? I am thinking of making some of them to take with us on our Disney trip in a few days. I am looking at the buffalo one and the ranch and cheese one.

My sister made the buffalo one back at Christmas - it was yummy!

I'm not sure what Monkey Munch is ~ we love Muddie Buddies - the Chocolate Caramel Crunch one looks/sounds tasty.

Monkey Munch and Mud Buddies are the same thing I think. That's just what Kate plus 8 calls it. That's where I first heard of it.

I make the buffalo one all the time. I use chex cereal (or the store brand version) and then whatever I have in the house--i.e. goldfish, pretzels. Easy and yummy. I brought some to WDW last year--although with the dining plan, we never ate any of it. But it was good on the drive to and from WDW via Texas.

We are driving and will not have the dining plan. Both me and my husband have picked up some extra work lately so, money is not as tight as I was afraid of in the begining. However I would like to keep the $5 snacks down to a minimum. I just want something good and is going to be a treat for all of us. If anyone has any easy recipes that travel well feel free to share :goodvibes. I have rice krispie treats with chocolate and peanut butter chips in them, and the chex mix ones on my list.

I make a sweet version, but I'll warn you...it's addicting! :)

Make chex mix using items such as the following:

corn/wheat/rice chex (I use generic, and use a bit of each)
pretzel sticks (the small ones)
penuts
m&m's

Melt white almond bark and pour into chex mix. Stir until coated. Lay out in a thin layer on wax paper. Let dry. Once it's dry, just break it up and put it in a air tight container/ziploc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter