Chernobyl

Sparx

DIS Veteran
Today my sick, sadistic science teacher did a lesson over the Chernobyl explosion, complete with pictures of dying children, deformed babies, and dead babies.

He actually said "thats a dead baby" pointing at a photograph of something that didn't look half human.

The class ended with three people on the verge of tears and one girl crying.

Twenty minutes into it, half the class was yelling "What does this have to do with science?!" (we're not studying anything remotely related to this)

So what is the most screwed up thing you've seen in a classroom?

I've never heard of that.

Most screwed up thing?
Well today we were talking about my teachers teeth... in french/social studies class.

Hmm....
Probably everything my messed up science teacher this year has shown us. :eek:

i have a 500 word report on defects and the effects of radiation. I am the only one in the class stuck with this morbid subject. I have to include pictures and they are so disturbing!

You know how in social studies, you generally study something like a country, geography or polictics .. history? Like grade 8 social studies?

We're doing a like 98349832908493 word project on global warming, and like almost all of it is scientific. It may be a world issue, but I'd like to go back to normal classes.

And something just kind of odd:
We're being taught sex ed by the pregnant teacher.

You know how in social studies, you generally study something like a country, geography or polictics .. history? Like grade 8 social studies?

We're doing a like 98349832908493 word project on global warming, and like almost all of it is scientific. It may be a world issue, but I'd like to go back to normal classes.

And something just kind of odd:
We're being taught sex ed by the pregnant teacher.

at least she knows the material she's teaching.;)

Last year, in language arts, my class wrote commercials, debated topics such as abortion and allowing U.S. citizens to own guns (Note that the teacher gave up the idea of debates-- they're "too complex"-- after we wrote everything out.), and wrote mystery stories.

None of which got graded.

The most messed up moments...
there are so many...

How about when my health teacher paused the drug movie to tell us about his kidney stone issue, complete with a diagram on the board. That little incident got it's own thread.
Another screwed up thing was the Molly Incident. That one got it's own thread also. After two weeks of intensive grammar training, she tried to convince me that "today" was a verb because "to" comes before "day." That was truly frightening.
Just today, her friend was doing a presentation for Honors English. She was responsible for a ten minute presentation on Ernest Hemingway's cultural background. Imagine in one of those really annoying dumb person voices "My topic is...like...culture. And yeah." Every single person was looking straight at their books because if eyes met, there would be laughter. That girl has quite a reputation for being dumb.
Another screwed up moment...someone put a "Kick Me Please!" sign on thesubstitute teacher's back...oh my goodness. We all laughed so hard and he never got it..poor man.
It was quite messed up when last year, my English teacher was discussing how people don't care about there appearance enough, and should examine themselves before going out and about. He had left the tags on his pants...
Awkward moment, my arch enemy (many posts have been devoted to my utter loathing for her) drew a big pink heart on the board at the end of class yesterday. My French teacher, for some insane reason, thinks that we have some kind of...gulp...relationship. She walked over and said, "Oh, isn't that cute! An inscription of love! [Her initials] hearts [my initials]!! Like..oh my god!" It was so messed up.
This is also the woman who told me that I should model...model clothing...ummm...no. And one of her colleagues insinuated that I went tanning...something is wrong in the foreign language department.

I have so many more that I'll post later. :)

Sex-ed. For sure. That scared me. I have like 5 idiots (I mean that nicely ;) ) in my class. One of them who's supposed to be in 6th, but wound up in 7th, another who doesn't know what the reproductive organs are... You get the point.

~ our sex ed teacher was away so we had a suplly who taught us about contraception by using her hand to put the condoms and all on

~ our ex science teacher(who has such bad grammer me and my mate were complaining about it, the fact that we noticed it shows how bad it was) spent a whole lesson saying 1 2 3 quiet then handing out lunchtime detentions to people who hadnt said a word(it would have been great except for the amount of lunchtime detentions we had)

~ a cover teacher talked for a whole hour about his life and he wanted to be a football player for cardiff but he was told he couldnt so how he ran marathons. he talked for an hour without saying erm or um and i swear he wasnt breathing. it may juist have been worse than science

~ we talked about juries trials and sentences during a lesson about henry VIII(big yawn but at least we didnt have to write)

~ we talked about radioactive poisining and the death of the russian spy for a whole hour in history

~ in 5th grade we spent a whole 6 hour day discussing why sound couldnt travel in radioactive waves

uh...

in English after reading about 4 pages of LOTF we then started talking about how many times we've come close to a nuclear war for the rest of the lesson.

in physics we've found out all our tests have been changed so from doing Chemistry tests in March, Biology tests in June, Physics test part 1a + ISA in November, Physics test part 2 in March 2008 and Physics test part 1b + 3 in June 2008 to Chemistry tests in March, Biology, Physics part 1a + 1b and ISA in June, Physics part 2 in November and Physics part 3 in March 2008.

We've just spent 5 months on doing the Chemistry because we thought we'd have alot of time before doing the other tests and now we have to learn double the amount in about 3 months. And this all counts for my GCSEs in Science. I blame the school

In government we were talking about Bush's address, and then all of a sudden we got onto the subject of Girl Scout cookies, and how good they were. Our teacher is a bit of a flake.

in english we were talking about animal farm by george orwell, then we got into the superbowl shuffle then he actually sang and demonstrated the Superbowl Shuffle

Hmm..so many from my anatomy class last year:

When she wrote every "name" for sex on the board from the bizarre to profane. It will probably be the only time I will see a teacher write the f-word on the board.*

The very first day of class she was telling us about all the things we would be learning and doing in class. She ended that class by saying that at the end of the year she would teach us about 22 different "positions"....if you catch my drift..:rolleyes: (she never did teach us about that..maybe that's a good thing though)*

The time she brought in a stereo and played old love songs and taught all the boys in the class how to slow dance the "right" way..

When she told us the story about her daughter's dead parrot

When she rapped about the circulatory system

and so many other things..

I absolutely loved that teacher though..she was my favorite. She held nothing back from us, if we wanted to know she would tell us, it didn't matter what it was. She retired at the end of that year..she said she was graduating with us..

*It's might be necessary to note that she was a sex ed teacher at one point

In geometry,We have a projector thing that project his computer screen up on the board. And the other day a IM popped up that said...

You smell like poo...

And Do you like muffins?

We were roaring with laughter..lol...

The guy who done it got suspended for 10 days...

oh i know what is gross in science....
my teacher has a 2 pictures one says...

"the human eats about 8 spiders in their life time when there sleeping"
and there is a picture of what you would look lke inside if u smoke (everyone almost threw up when they saw it)

Today my sick, sadistic science teacher did a lesson over the Chernobyl explosion, complete with pictures of dying children, deformed babies, and dead babies.

He actually said "thats a dead baby" pointing at a photograph of something that didn't look half human.

The class ended with three people on the verge of tears and one girl crying.

Twenty minutes into it, half the class was yelling "What does this have to do with science?!" (we're not studying anything remotely related to this)

So what is the most screwed up thing you've seen in a classroom?

That's just mean.

Most screwed up thing I've seen in a classroom? It didn't phase me as much as the other kids, but in Health class, we watched a video of a baby being born... there's nothing 'screwed up' about it, but I'd imagine it made a couple of kids puke.

And the health teacher, though she's kinda cool, can't really shut up about the... hrm... 'male reproductive organ' :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter