• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chepeast sit-down restaurants in each park?

kilarney

Esteemed Member
We're trying to do a few more table-service meals for our next trip. We almost always do them at lunch.

Can anyone tell me what the cheapest places to get table-service lunches are at each park?

For the MK, we think that Tony's Town Square is probably the best bet.

We used to think that Akershus was very reasonable - until the princesses took it over!

We also don't mind going to an adjacent resort. (e.g. a monorail resort if we're in the MK or a Boardwalk resort if at EPCOT.)

The only requirement is that the restaurant except Advance Reservations. (Which I think rules out Beaches & Cream.)

What are people's thoughts?

In MK, I think The Plaza is very reasonable in price. However, we have never eaten there, so I don't have any opinion about the food quality. I just noticed it in the menus.

In Epcot, I would choose Le Cellier for lunch, it seems reasonable and the food is great.

In AK, I would think Rainforest Cafe is reasonable for lunch as well. However, we have never been fond of the food there.

In HS, Primetime Diner seems to be reasonable as well as Sci Fi Diner, however I would choose Primetime for better food quality.

Check out the menus on allearsnet.com, and that will give you a better idea what will fit your budget.

In my experience, the restaurants all seem to carry a wide variation of dishes from cheap to expensive, so the answer to your inquiry may be as simple as deciding what type of food you want to eat then just set limits on how much each person can spend. WDW dining is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Have you considered the DDP?? For only $38 per adult per day you can go to any participating restaurant and not have to worry about the cost.

Here is a link to the DDP information:

DDP

Deluxe DDP

Hope this helps!!

:thumbsup2

Id really suggest doing the Dining plan if you want to eat at some TS places and then you wont have to worry about eating at the cheapest places after all how fun is it planning a vacation around the cheapest places to eat... And besides i find the ddp to be very reasonably priced

I can highly recommend the Plaza in MK. Great bang for your buck. I'd recommend the Reuben (without the Russian dressing), the grilled veggie sandwich is phenomenal, and the kids would recommend the burgers. Now, as far as the ice cream goes.......................:thumbsup2

For the record isn't "Cheap Dining" and "Disney" an oxymoron?

Seriously, I just returned this week from our vacation and I really made one big newbie mistake. I did not make enough ADR's. Disney was packed and I had assumed I would be able to reserve on the fly as we did not know where we would be from day to day. Unfortunately nearly every table service restaurant was booked solid. Quick service was our only option most of the time. Comparing the price of quick service and table service is nominal and the food was much better.

For the record isn't "Cheap Dining" and "Disney" an oxymoron?

Seriously, I just returned this week from our vacation and I really made one big newbie mistake. I did not make enough ADR's. Disney was packed and I had assumed I would be able to reserve on the fly as we did not know where we would be from day to day. Unfortunately nearly every table service restaurant was booked solid. Quick service was our only option most of the time. Comparing the price of quick service and table service is nominal and the food was much better.

Yes, this is one lesson we try to warn people about, but so many ignore the advice then come back with stories of dining woes. jhalle, if you need info for your next trip you have found a good place to get it.......welcome to the DIS.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter