• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs De France?

hailbug

Mouseketeer
Going to WDW next month and thinking about changing one of my ADR's to Chefs. How is the food and service? Anyone have any pictures? All opinions welcome. TIA

Going to WDW next month and thinking about changing one of my ADR's to Chefs. How is the food and service? Anyone have any pictures? All opinions welcome. TIA

This will probably not help you at all.

We went last month and I LOVED it. My DH HATED it. I ordered the French Onion Soup and Beef Tips. He ordered the Lobster Bisque soup and a seafood platter. My DH never sends food back and this time he did.

We have had dinner and lunch there more than once. We've never had anything but great food and excellent service. It's one of our favorites.

We had lunch there in 2011. Service was great! Attentive and I loved the server's French accent! Ooh lala!
All of us enjoyed our meals, except adults desserts. It was hot and we opted for the sorbets. Very strange tastes. My FIL to this day still talks about that!

We have had dinner and lunch there more than once. We've never had anything but great food and excellent service. It's one of our favorites.

Me too! one of my faves. Love that place! Food was amazing.

OP, if you want to see pics, click on my dining review link below. :)

We had lunch there in 2011. Service was great! Attentive and I loved the server's French accent! Ooh lala!
All of us enjoyed our meals, except adults desserts. It was hot and we opted for the sorbets. Very strange tastes. My FIL to this day still talks about that!

You just reminded me I ordered the sorbets in May and two of them were coconut. Not my favorite flavor. The other was mango. Another one I'm not a huge fan of. They were good but not my favs. Orange, raspberry, lime, lemon, watermelon sure. Lol that's just my preference is all

You just reminded me I ordered the sorbets in May and two of them were coconut. Not my favorite flavor. The other was mango. Another one I'm not a huge fan of. They were good but not my favs. Orange, raspberry, lime, lemon, watermelon sure. Lol that's just my preference is all

One of the flavors was peach. Hey, I'm from Georgia so I was all about it!
It was weird. Just weird and really tart. Not very sweet at all. Oh well! The rest of the meal was great, tho!

We had a really nice lunch there. French soup was great and the service was excellent.

I love it! My favorite is the beef tips and french onion soup. Yummy!!

We ate there last fall and really enjoyed it. We got the prix fixe 3 course meal, french onion soup, the ham & cheese sandwich and creme brulee, loved it all. DD loved seeing Remy too.

I've eaten there only twice, one dinner one lunch (last year).

Service was brusque.

My duck was cooked to death. It was dead. Dead dead. FYI- duck is normally served medium rare to medium. When I politely asked the server, his reply was, "Well, that's how we cook it here!" Side items were perfect.

If you're after seeing Remy you will need to go at lunchtime or early dinner (his last round starts at 5:20) and not on a Sunday.

eat there every other trip and we love it! I had the short ribs the last time and they were tender and very tasty. My wife usually opts for the pre-fixe half baby chicken and French onion soup...which is amazing :)

We have never had a bad dining experience there!

Sorry mine might not be the most helpful review either. I thought the service was terrible, our waiter was so snobby and rude (and we do not have high expectations at all). All of us enjoyed our meal, except my husband who was really disappointed in his meal, I believe he had the chicken. My children LOVED meeting Remy and b/c of that I think if we went back to Disney that we would go to Chefs de France again. If you don't have high expectations I think you would enjoy it, and hopefully you will end up with a nicer waiter. The atmosphere wasn't the greatest either as the tables were all very cramped together.

Its one of our faves. We have tried a lot of the menu too, and everything is always so good.

Service is pretty good usually too, but sometimes slow.

And still to this day...Ive had the best burger ever here, with the béarnaise sauce. Sooooo good.

We just eat there and loved it! Our sons had lobster bisque and the french onion soups for starters. Then they had the quiche and mac and cheese. They loved it! I had the chicken crepe which was very good! Our server Eric was friendly and just wonderful!

Lunch at Chefs de France is always one of our must-dos. We have gone every year for the past ten years and have always had wonderful service.
My favorites from the menu are:
escargots - garlicky and delicious
tomato and goat cheese tart
Gratin de Macaroni - best mac and cheese ever
crepes
quiche
Profiteroles
Actually.... I love it all!

This was one of mine and my daughter's (7 at the time) favorite restaurants when we went in Sept. 2011. I had the roasted chicken and potatoes and she had the kids hamburger and fries. Both the food and service were EXCELLENT. I timed the dinner so that we could see Remy as Ratatouille is one of our favorite movies. I told my daughter that he was in the kitchen cooking and didn't tell her that he was coming out. When we sat down she drew a picture saying "I love you Remy" or something like that and decorated it and gave it to our waiter and asked if he could give it to Remy. He said he would make sure to give it to him. When he came out the man who was pushing Remy's cart around said "Remy would like to thank you for the picture! He loves it!" and her face just lit up. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip! Highly recommend this restaurant!

I'm kind of "meh" on Chefs de France. It's an ok French restaurant. If you want French, by all means, but you'll get better food in any major city. If you don't live close to a major city and this is your only access to a French restaurant, by all means try it out, but don't expect to be blown away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter