• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs de France restaurant at World Showcase?

joey8544

Earning My Ears
We have heard the Remy interacts with diners at this restaurant. Can anyone confirm if it's true and if so, how was the experience. We have two girls who love Ratatouille and think they would love eating with Remy running around! Thanks in advance!
:wizard:

It was cute, but it is not like a traditional character meet-n-greet.

Remy is standing on a platter on a cart, which is wheeled around the restaurant with a human translator (Remy, of course, only speaks Squeakish). They stop at each table and interact with the guests, and you can take photos.

We saw Remy at Chefs de France back in February. It was really cute.

Just be sure you check the schedule times and make an ADR during the time periods when he will appear. I think it's only for a short period of time at lunch and then again at dinner.

1) Remy does interact with guests at the tables.
2) He is wheeled to the table and chips and cherps at the guests.
3) Cute and does have appeal.
4) They introduced him to bring in lunch trade, and it has worked well.
5) Just make sure you ADR allows you time to be seated before his next show.

6) Caveats:
. . . you cannot walk over to Remy
. . . you wait until he comes to you table
. . . if you are not at the table when he gets there, you miss him
. . . he does not return until his next show
. . . he only appears during lunch, with last show at 5:20pm

disneymay2009073EpcotLesChefsgirlsa.jpg

It's cute, but we found it to be kind of rushed...and the place was mostly empty when Remy visited our table so it wasn't a matter of having to get to a lot of tables.

Steve Soares showtimes website lists Remy as appearing at the following times:

Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm

I have heard that Remy only circles the restaurant once and if you miss him he will not double back. That's something to keep in mind when making ADRs.

I just called about this a few days ago...the woman I spoke with said that Remy makes the rounds once an hour all day, at 20 minutes after the hour, with his last trip at 5:20 pm. It looks adorable! I don't know if you have seen it, but there is a short video on the official WDW website on the Les Chefs De France page.

Bummer!

I made our ADR based on the fact that Steve Soares site lists 2:50 as the time (our adr is for 2:20)

Now it sounds like we will miss Remy, and that was the main reason for us to go there (my son LOVES Ratatouille)

Remy is very unpredicatable and sometimes does not appear due to techinical or other issues, and it happens with little to no notice.Also depending on how busy the restaurant is, you can get seated late and totally miss him and he does NOT come back again( happened to us 2x)I caution people not to promise Remy to little ones, it can be disappointing if that is the ONLY reason you are going to Les Chefs.

Well, we saw Remy JUST as we were walking out the door this past Friday and I stopped to take a quick picture with my phone and the lady with him actually held up the top a little longer for me to take a better picture!! (The 1st one was blurry). So maybe you're not supposed to walk up to him, but we did and nothing was said!! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

1) Remy does interact with guests at the tables.
2) He is wheeled to the table and chips and cherps at the guests.
3) Cute and does have appeal.
4) They introduced him to bring in lunch trade, and it has worked well.
5) Just make sure you ADR allows you time to be seated before his next show.

6) Caveats:
. . . you cannot walk over to Remy
. . . you wait until he comes to you table
. . . if you are not at the table when he gets there, you miss him
. . . he does not return until his next show
. . . he only appears during lunch, with last show at 5:20pm

I agree about not promising this to the kids. I read this months before our trip and I'm glad I didn't say anything to my DS. We had a 12 noon lunch this past Saturday and Remy did NOT come out at all :sad2: I probably looked funny turning around every few minutes around 12:30 to see if he was circulating :rotfl:

We still had a great time but of course we felt a little disappointed. Keep your fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter