• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs de France or Tutto Italia??

Imagineer76

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

Making our reservations for our May trip to WDW!!! We want to try a new restaurant at the World Showcase and have not eaten at Chefs de France or Tutto Italia.... Any recommendations out there? Thanks in advance!!

Troy

We went to Chefs de France for lunch in July. It was a wonderful restaurant! The food was delicious, service was excellent. The baguette they bring to the table tasted just like the baguette I had in France when I was there! I had the quiche for lunch and it was terrific. DH had the crepe with chicken in it and he loved it. The atmosphere is really nice too. We will go back there on our next trip for sure.

I have never been to Tutto Italia so I can't compare the 2. But, we certainly loved Chefs de France! :thumbsup2

DH and I ate at Chefs de France and really didn't care for it. He ordered a steak of some sort and it was ok. I had the mac and cheese which was way to rich for me and I love all cheese!!!! Tutto's food was ok but our service was not good. I'm not sure that this really helped :confused3

We also prefer Chefs to TI. We've eaten at Chefs many times, & have never had a bad meal. TI was disappointing for us, after reading the good reviews. We'll try it again someday, but we're not in a hurry to return.

We went to Chefs for lunch and Tutto Italia for dinner during our December trip just last year. We enjoyed both quite a bit. Personally, the menu appeals to me more at TI since Italian is my favorite type of cuisine. I don't know that we'll book Chefs again, but it's not because it was bad. If that was one of the only ADR's I could get for some reason, I would be okay going back.

I would say to pick whichever menu appeals to you more. Good luck! :goodvibes

I was looking through restaurants over the weekend and I pretty much passed on Chefs simply because I just don't love French food, but we do love Italian. Should I rethink passing on it?

Lobster Bisque? I never thought of that as French really, but I do love it.

I love Chefs de France for lunch!! I do feel there are better options out there for dinners... but lunch is great!!

We haven't tried Tutto yet, but have an early lunch scheduled there for my fiance's birthday, May 13!

I had dinner at both in January. Chefs was ok but not something I loved and I probably won't rush to go back.

Tutto Italia was my favorite meal of the entire trip and I plan to do it twice for my next trip.

Thanks again for all the replies!!! Very helpful. Looks ike it is Chef's for lunch and Tutto for Dinner!

Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

Atmosphere: Love, love, love outside at Tutto dislike inside. Love inside at chef's.

Breads: Love the chewy Tutto bread with olive oil. Love the warm yeasty baguette with butter. (Tip: take your knife make a hole and put the butter in the middle when it is warm.) Yummy,

Soups: Had great shrimp bisque at Tutto had not so great. Had great Lobster bisque had watery lobster bique at Chef's

Kids meal: Way better at Tutto especially if you have a pasta lover. Chef's can't separate the grilled chicken breast from the pasta. Sounds like it could be simple but what do I know.

Apps. LOVE the Creme Freche with bacon flatbread and French Onion soup at Chef's. LOVE the calamari and antipasto at Tutto.

Entree's: If you love Italian go to Il Mulino. Verry good at Tutto nothing outstanding. If you love French go to Bistro de Paris. Very good at Chef's nothing outstanding.

Hello All,

Making our reservations for our May trip to WDW!!! We want to try a new restaurant at the World Showcase and have not eaten at Chefs de France or Tutto Italia.... Any recommendations out there? Thanks in advance!!

Troy

We've done Tutto Italia, but not Chefs de France. Honestly, we didn't find Tutto Italia to be all that special. Don't get me wrong; it was good...just not special. If you're looking for something "different," then I'd go for Chefs de France since it's not likely that you frequent French restaurants at home.

Both are very good restaurants. This doesn't answer the question, but you won't go wrong with either one. To answer the question, my personal preference is Tutto Italia, just because I like that type of food more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter