Chefs de France or Something Else?

AJT607

Mouseketeer
We have a trip this summer and initially booked a meal at Chefs de France at Epcot for an early dinner (4:30). My primary reason for booking this was because it was available and we haven't ever eaten there.

On recent trips, we ate at the following places around Epcot...
  • Garden Grill
  • Teppan Edo
  • Via Napoli
  • Tutto Gusto
  • Akershus
Is there anywhere else that might be more fun/interesting to try?

We ate at Chefs de France - although it was fine - we felt with the kids with our group the menu was limited. We love all the other restaurants you went to. We also love San Angel Inn in Mexico and love doing the ride many times. We also enjoy Rose and Crown. You won't have a bad experience but we like other restaurants better.

I did Chefs de France in 2014 on the DDP and my party did the prix fixe option (lobster bisque + a steak that was available at the time) and it was out of this world good. The service was impeccable! We were seated by the floor to ceiling glass windows and it was so nice to people watch. It was just an all around great experience.

With that in mind I booked it again in 2016 for my Disneymoon and it just fell flat.. the wait staff was inattentive and really came off uninterested in the patrons, even during an earlier dinner time frame and fairly empty restaurant. We were near a cash out and a lot of them were goofing around and laughing - which I don't mind, but when your guests are waiting for refills or sitting for an extended period of time to order their food it just kind of brought the whole experience down. I hate feeling like a "bother" and that's how this meal came off. I wasn't the only one who felt that way. There was a table beside me discussing if they should just pay for their drinks and tell them to forget their order. So with that said, I probably wouldn't go back.

I recommend Rose & Crown. I haven't personally eaten there but family members have and raved about it. It's on my to do list. Also Tutto Italia was good and I like the option to eat outside under one of their umbrella tables and people watch. Le Cellier is also a really nice spot. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

I'd go for San Angel in Mexico if you're looking for something different. Chefs is great but the atmosphere in Mexico is really fun and interesting. You can't really go wrong with your current choice but if you want an alternative then Mexico would be my suggestion. Have fun!

Same as @kpearl, we had an awesome experience the first time we went to Chefs de France. Second time, not so much. No issues with service that second visit, but the food wasn't as good.

I like the Biergarten quite a bit. The band is fun, and I love the food and beer.

I love Chefs de France. I go almost every trip its one of my favorites at Epcot.

Chefs is lovely but the food is super salty IMHO. We love Spice Road Table. The food is always great. For atmosphere, consider San Angel Inn. For entertainment, try Biergarten.

Spice Road Table has the best food in Epcot, along with Monsiuer Paul. San Angel Inn is a really cool experience in terms of the restaurant, and the food has always been good, to really good. The appetizers are MORE than enough for a meal.

Chefs de France is great. Inventive, unique cuisine? Not really, but it's not bad food either. If you're looking to cross everything in Epcot off the list, might as well get it out of the way.

We have a trip this summer and initially booked a meal at Chefs de France at Epcot for an early dinner (4:30). My primary reason for booking this was because it was available and we haven't ever eaten there.

On recent trips, we ate at the following places around Epcot...
  • Garden Grill
  • Teppan Edo
  • Via Napoli
  • Tutto Gusto
  • Akershus
Is there anywhere else that might be more fun/interesting to try?
The two places that might be 'more fun' are:
1.) Marrakesh - belly dancing,
2.) Biergarten - oompah music.

Food wise, and since you've never been - Chefs of France, much like the places you've already tried, serves good food. Enjoy!

We've eaten at Chefs twice. First time was good-food and service. Waitress was nice-it was busy but she was, efficient is the best word. Absolutely no complaints. Second time was on my DD's 21st birthday. DH's niece and her husband met us and the group did some drinking around the world to celebrate. As a result we were a little silly but not loud or obnoxious (I was sober so ran herd on them). Waiter was great. My niece and I ordered in French (got to use those college classes sometime...) and after that he started playing along with our silliness. We had a great time, the food was good and everyone went home happy. This summer it's DS's 21st and we plan to do it all again. Hope we get a similar waiter/waitress!

San Angel Inn is pretty fun and the food we had last week was great. Biergarten was on our list to try, but we didn't get to it. Chef's de France was yummy the last time I was there (7 yrs), but not much fun for the kids.

We have lunch at Chefs every year. The salmon is one of my favorite meals at Disney. I could eat a bowl of their dill beurre blanc sauce .:love:We love the ambience and have always had fantastic service.

I love Chefs de France!! Food is incredible from apps to mains to desserts. Service has always been good too. I would stick with Chefs de France. Rose & Crown is good too, but I like Chefs better for both atmosphere and food.

We ate at Chefs de France on a CP package...includes appetizer, dinner, and dessert and also twice for lunch recently. Food and service were great all times...enjoyed sitting by the window and people watching all three times.

I liked the food at Chefs de France, but it was so damn crowded that I'm in no hurry to go back. First waiting by the door to be called in (we had an ADR) was packed to the gills and hard to hear anything, then all the tables inside are so close together.

Our go-to restaurants in Epcot are Biergarten and La Hacienda.

I liked the food at Chefs de France, but it was so damn crowded that I'm in no hurry to go back. First waiting by the door to be called in (we had an ADR) was packed to the gills and hard to hear anything, then all the tables inside are so close together.

Our go-to restaurants in Epcot are Biergarten and La Hacienda.
Really?? Did you go during peak time? Quite often when i go there's literally no wait.

We tried Chefs for first time in Nov 2016 and we really liked it. I was very skeptical but it ended up being a great experience. We booked it again on Spring Break and it was great again. Didn't like our table location that time as much but everything else was great. We are booked again for our July trip. Becoming our opening night tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter