Chef's de France or Sci-Fi

Chef's or Sci

• Chef's de France

• Sci-Fi Theater

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Which is better & why? Which has better food? What about better service? Would you choose either? This is a solo trip.

Chefs de France is definitely better than Sci-Fi. The ONLY thing I like about Sci-Fi is the atmosphere. We LOVE the food at Chefs. The restaurant is beautiful and the service is amazing. The last couple of times we were at Sci-Fi our service was horrible and the food was nasty. I will not be going back there anytime in the near future.

We really enjoy both but had better service at Sci Fi and a quieter atmosphere too. If I wanted a nice dinner I would go to Chefs but for a relaxing lunch for burgers and such I say Sci Fi

They are so totally different! I love the atmosphere of the Sci-Fi, but the food is definately better at Chefs.

You honestly cannot compare the two. They are very different in every way. We have been to both (in March 09) and loved them equally. My dad, who is a very picky eater, loved the short ribs he got at Chefs and raved about them for days afterward.

I know that doesn't help but as I said before you cannot compare the two.

Thank you for this post & poll. I canceled my SF res this morning & got a dinner at Chef Des France for next Tues. Yeah!

They are so completely different, it's hard to compare. Here are my thoughts, for what it's worth... we had lunch at Sci-Fi and dinner at Chef's on our last trip. I thought both the food and service at Chef's was awful. Our lunch at Sci-Fi was great, but it was just burgers and fries, nothing special. I found the service to be great there and it's such a fun atmosphere.

They are very different, but we love a restaurant with an awesome theme and atmosphere and Sci-Fi has both.

The food is just average but that's just fine by us, you can't eat in a place that looks like this in our hometown but we can get average food anywhere.

Yea, there is really no way to compare these two, one is fancy French dining (the Disney way), the other is a mock up of a drive in. Hands down Chefs de France is better on an overall scale, but Sci Fi has a unique atmosphere. However, unless you're sitting in one of the cars, I find it kind of overrated.

We really enjoy both but had better service at Sci Fi and a quieter atmosphere too. If I wanted a nice dinner I would go to Chefs but for a relaxing lunch for burgers and such I say Sci Fi

I agree about the service & atmosphere at Sci-fi. Our meal there in Oct. was the quietest meal we've ever had at WDW. Our burgers were great! As MN stated, it's a nice lunch spot.

That said, if I was choosing between the 2, I'd choose Chefs. It's our favorite non-signature restaurant. We've never been disappointed in the food. Chefs is a more upscale dining experience than Sci-fi, & more of what I consider a nice dinner location. I also think it would provide a better solo experience. Personally, I wouldn't want to be seated solo in the back seat of one of the cars @ Sci-fi.

Would you rather go on vacation to the beach or to the mountains? They are two completely different experiences...

I know it's two different experiences, but am looking for the best in food & service.

I enjoy Sci Fi's atmosphere, but have had bad experiences with the food. Never dined at Chef's before.

Can you go to Sci Fi for just dessert?

The food is much better at Chefs than Sci Fi.

As far as service goes, that's hard to predict because that is so hit-or-miss depending upon your specific server that day.

The atmosphere at Sci-Fi is fun, but we like Chefs better.

Yes--you can go to Sci-Fi for dessert but you'd still need an ADR. That might be a nice little break from the park--enjoying some ice creams at Sci-Fi!

Would you rather go on vacation to the beach or to the mountains? They are two completely different experiences...
Beach - I don't really like the mountains. But if was a solo trip, I'd choose neither. That was my answer for this one.

Like pps have said, they are SO different it is hard to compare. I like Sci-Fi...food is good for what it is and atomosphere is awesome. Wasn't impressed with Chef's...didn't care for my food and server wasn't knowledgable about menu. Dh's food was okay (very bland)and the desserts were good. The atomosphere was light and airy. If I had to chose and ADR for a single dining, I'd probably choose Chef's, maybe a seat by the window for people watching. Since you've never been to Chef's, I'd suggest you try it. We are big on trying new places!

Thanks for this question and all the comments, this convinced me that we will definitely have to dine at Chefs de France on our upcoming trip!

Thanks, I love this forum!:cheer2:

We have had dinner at both. Yes, the atmosphere at Sci-Fi is fun, but now that we've seen it, I don't feel the need to see it again. I had the chicken pasta dish, and it was gummy and cold. Plus there's no room on the table ... and you can only really comfortably converse with the person in your seat, not your whole dinner party. Plus my little one was freaked by the movies, maybe that is clouding my opinion. All in all, I don't feel the need to go back.

Chefs, on the other hand, was very enjoyable. Food was good. Atmosphere was relaxing. The skies of Orlando had just opened up, and our server made sure that he slowed our meal down so that we wouldn't get wet.... What a sweetheart!!! :love: He timed our dinner perfectly with the start of Illuminations!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter