Chefs De France...Good?

collegeprogram01

Mouseketeer
This is one of the few places we have not dined in at Disney...I have always heard mixed reviews about here and has doubts but I really want to try it! Is this place worth a shot?!

thanks!

I think it is pretty good! Have been there a few times.

Atmosphere is nice, but can be a little noisy and tables are a bit close together.

Haven't gotten antyhting I didnt like there. The Assorted Cheese Board is awesome to start, then move onto the Beef short ribs, with the Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert. MMMMNMnmnmnmmm!

All in all, definately worth a visit. Never know you may be visited by a little furry guest chef there too! :)

Our Ratings of Chefs de France: (*rev 3/1/2013)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: B (REMY is lunch, only)

NOTE: Chefs is a pleasant French eatery, although most
dishes have been Americanized. The service is a pretty slow
and the servers sometimes inattentive, just like in France.
As a middle-priced eatery, it is well placed. The food average,
except leave the snails to run in the garden, as the snails are
sourced differently and the quality is downgraded. We thought
the cheese plate was very tasty, but we our senses might have
been blunted by the copious amount of vino. We're displeased
with the entrées, as they were French-inspired, but not even
close to real French (we used to go to France every four months
for business). Atmosphere is good, but the tables are much too
close to one another - you have to watch what is on your fork,
as it easily could be part of the entrée of the next table. The
Average American tastes will like several entrées, but anyone
familiar with French cuisine will be disappointed.

We ate there on our trip in 2010. We enjoyed our experience there but we weren't wowed by it. We would go back again.

I loooove chefs/france! If you wanna see pics, click on my Dining Review link below from 2012. Very tasty food! I'd keep it if I were you. :thumbsup2

We love Chefs for lunch. We always book one here. The restaurant is very pretty and we have found the service to be excellent every time. I will say that they are a bit temperamental at the reservation desk, but I wondered if that wasn't supposed to be part of the "french experience." The food is very good and if you are thinking of sharing, this is a restaurant you might consider as portions tend to be really large. If you book correctly, you will have the opportunity of meeting Remy. As an adult, I love this low key character interaction and Remy's handler is very entertaining.

We paid OOP for this one during free dining because we did a few signature dining events that used up credits. I didn't feel it was worth it, but it was me, DD17 and her friend 15, and the girls weren't very adventurous eaters, so I felt like I was paying $100+ for lunch for them to eat Fancy Mac and Cheese.

The french onion soup was very good though.

I got the Pre Fixe Lunch- French Onion Soup, Croque Monsieur, and Chocolate Profiteroles. Everything was great except the dessert! Oh, and the baguettes were fantastic :))

Our experience was horrible; it was the worst we have ever had at any Disney restaurant. I do think, however, that it was not typical. My sister had gone there and had a good meal, but ours was inedible (we actually left without eating - yes, that bad). DH and I ordered steak (medium rare for him, rare for me), and it was so overcooked like a hockey puck. It also took over an hour - and the table next to us came in after us, and was finished with their dinner before our server even brought our food out. Then he left without seeing how it was - we had to finally flag down a manager to send our food back. Two hours later, we finally were bluntly told we were "free to go any time" - I think our server was in big trouble. I was just horrible. Two wasted hours and just had bread and soup - which I asked to pay for, but they basically just wanted us to leave?
I am not one to complain at a restaurant, either! And we were very kind and understanding - but it was just horrible.

We try to go to Chefs every trip! DH adores their creme brûlée and a lunch usually provides an encounter with Remy and his charmingly funny handler.

We love having lunch there as often as we can but we have found the children don't enjoy this restaurant as much as many others so we have restricted it to our adult-only trips from now on.

As a PP noted, the tables are quite close together so when the restaurant is full, it can seem a little claustrophobic.

We have never had a problem with the food or service there.

I have a 1:30 lunch reservation, because, and I freely admit this, I mainly want to see Remy.
Does he always come out at lunchtime or will it be a roll of the dice?:confused3
I'm also looking forward to ordering the short ribs,but the food pales in comparison to having a rat roll by the table......:lmao:

Ate there twice, was not overly thrilled with the food, probably might try lunch instead of dinner to see if we like it better. Wouldn't go back again for dinner.

We ate there and had a nice meal with good service. It was nothing special for us though so it's not on our must-do list for future trips.

We were at Chefs a week ago today, actually. I purposely didn't tell my husband about this ADR until about 30 minutes prior because he's scared of French food.

It ended up being the best meal of our trip! The service was a bit slow, but the beef tenderloin was absolutely fabulous, as was the flatbread appetizer (we got the bacon/onion one). My dad's roasted chicken was also really good he said. Mom wasn't as impressed with her short ribs, but they also were decent. My husband ended up raving about his meal for the remainder of the trip.

I definitely vote to keep this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter