• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs De France for kids

ktrask

Mouseketeer
I was just looking at the menu, and I'd love to eat there. Has anyone been there for dinner with a child? I looked at the kids menu, and it only had 2 items for dinner. More options for lunch...so perhaps lunch is the better option for us.

The accounting person in me longs to use dinner for the fact that we are on the dining plan :P:rotfl2:

I can't really help you with this one. We ate there on a trip when DS was 14 months old. We would have ordered him a meal from the kids menu, but he fell asleep just before our reservation and slept through most of our meal. I do remember there were kids items and they looked good, but I do not remember how many choices there were.

Just a side note, though. DH and I did eat there and loved it! It was a great atmosphere and our food was good. It was also pretty much a "date" since DS slept through most of the meal. However, when DS did wake up, we were just finishing our meal and had already ordered dessert. When the server came with our dessert, she asked if we needed anything else. I asked for a milk for DS since it made no sense to order food for him at that time, and she was really rude. She refused to sell me a milk without a meal. I got the impression that they didn't like children (other servers kept giving us "the look," too, because our child was there while he was sleeping.) They wouldn't let us bring the stroller in (which I never expect but always hope for with a sleeping baby), so he just slept in my lap and didn't make a peep. Everyone who passed by gave us a dirty look that he was there. It was so weird and unlike any other experience I've EVER had anywhere in WDW. DH said we'd never be back there with kids, so we haven't been. I hope it was either just us or an isolated experience. Oh, and she was adamant, we never did get the milk. She said "no" and she meant "no."

The menu posted on allears has three main courses listed for kids. A chicken fingers with pasta and a tomato sauce on the side, a burger and a baked flounder. Hope that helps

treemi01 said:
I can't really help you with this one. We ate there on a trip when DS was 14 months old. We would have ordered him a meal from the kids menu, but he fell asleep just before our reservation and slept through most of our meal. I do remember there were kids items and they looked good, but I do not remember how many choices there were.

Just a side note, though. DH and I did eat there and loved it! It was a great atmosphere and our food was good. It was also pretty much a "date" since DS slept through most of the meal. However, when DS did wake up, we were just finishing our meal and had already ordered dessert. When the server came with our dessert, she asked if we needed anything else. I asked for a milk for DS since it made no sense to order food for him at that time, and she was really rude. She refused to sell me a milk without a meal. I got the impression that they didn't like children (other servers kept giving us "the look," too, because our child was there while he was sleeping.) They wouldn't let us bring the stroller in (which I never expect but always hope for with a sleeping baby), so he just slept in my lap and didn't make a peep. Everyone who passed by gave us a dirty look that he was there. It was so weird and unlike any other experience I've EVER had anywhere in WDW. DH said we'd never be back there with kids, so we haven't been. I hope it was either just us or an isolated experience. Oh, and she was adamant, we never did get the milk. She said "no" and she meant "no."

Sorry you had this experience. We have taken our dd at 12.5 month and again at two and will be going on our may trip when she will be 2.5 and they have always been very good to her and us.

If the waitress had refused to bring me a glass of milk I would have asked for the manager immediately, and would have left her zero tip. That is ridiculous.

If you only feed our kids chicken fingers and French fries at home, then yeah chefs de France may not be good for you.

Our kids live it. They eat what we eat or go hungry. Sorry, that's just how we treated them from day one.

Their favorite here is French onion soup.

DSLRuser said:
If you only feed our kids chicken fingers and French fries at home, then yeah chefs de France may not be good for you.

Our kids live it. They eat what we eat or go hungry. Sorry, that's just how we treated them from day one.

Their favorite here is French onion soup.

We are the same way.

So weird about the bad experience with your DS. We've been three times with our daughter at various ages and all was great. I would have been really upset at the waitresses response if the same thing happened to us. We did have a bad experience at Via Napoli , which so many seem to love. Our waitress decided to ignore us and was really rude, but nice to the tables around us. We never did figure out what we did to upset her.

We have been going to Chefs since my second DS was a baby and have had similar service every time, very cool and professional (just like our service in various parts of France when we traveled with toddlers ;) ). My older boys love Chefs, in fact, I was gathering ideas for our next trip and Chefs was up there in importance in their eyes.

The lunch and dinner kid's menus are the same. The same three entrees for years: flounder, hamburger and the chicken fingers/pasta combo. Not too exciting but the kid's cheese pastry appetizer is divine. If you meant that the kids would be ordering from the adult menu, than I agree that lunch has better options.

Last feb, we had dinner there. While my DH and I weren't thrilled with the restaurant, my ds10 said it was his best meal! He had the cheese pastry and hamburger. He ate both..for him that is alot!!

Try to schedule your meal time during one of the times that Remy from Ratatouille will be there. My kids loved it!

We ate there in 2011 with two DS ages 2 and 4 at the time. We saw Remy (awesome! handler was a riot) and all the staff was wonderful. It was one of our favorites, so much so that we have another reservation this upcoming May. Food was fantastic, chef was friendly when he came out to talk to us about my older DS's peanut allergy. Waiter was great and offered to take a pic of the whole table with our camera. I guess it's always a possibility for a terrible waiter (we had one at CP last trip) but I wouldn't count this restaurant out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter