CHEF's DE FRANCE Any Good?

jillyjill

Earning My Ears
I just made an ADR for the Chefs De France dinner.

Is it as crowded and loud as I have heard? Is the service good?

I'd love to hear what you've all liked and disliked about it! Thanks-

Jillyjill:hippie:

yes it's good. can be crowded & loud, depends on when you go - but that's true of all Disney restaurants we've been to. Disney restaurants are generally popular & generally full unless you go very early or very late. Our service was good. The profiteroles (wonderful ice cream dessert) are SOOOOO good. I want one now.

Full review in May 2009 and January 2009 dining reviews - link below in my signature.

I just made an ADR for the Chefs De France dinner.

Is it as crowded and loud as I have heard? Is the service good?

I'd love to hear what you've all liked and disliked about it! Thanks-

Jillyjill:hippie:

I love Chefs. The Filet is excellent, it has a french name, but still a filet. The Creme Bruile is delicious too.

I'll be doing a full review in my dining report, but in a nutshell:

The food was excellent.

We sat in the solarium/garden room section, which wasn't overly loud.

Our server was professional, seemingly reserved after some of the chatty Cathy servers we had been experiencing. In a way, this was rather refreshing. She was very good, make no mistake.

We had an 8:00 ADR. We arrived right at 8:00. We hardly waited at all to be seated. We were brought our bread and appetizers quickly, but the kitchen was incredibly slow and we waited FOREVER for our entree.

Same as the previous poster, we sat in that greenhouse / side area for lunch a few weeks ago (9 days to be exact - wish I was still there). The food was excellent - we had the fixed price lunch menu. Remy was there then too - which was really fun.

I didn't find it to be loud or that cramped (well maybe a little cramped, but not enough to be an issue). We were also seated very quickly for our 1 PM reservation and the service was very good. (Even when my DS sent his burger back to the kitchen to have cheese added to it - he's 10 - he only does cheeseburgers!).

Dined at Chefs last week twice for lunch. We enjoyed it so much the first day that we switched ADRs around to return again later in the week. We were seated in the main dining room and were lucky to get window seats both times. However, the tables surrounding us were super close. The table directly next to us joked that we were dining together today.

Food was delicious and the servers were great.

I love Chefs de France. It is my favorite dining experience in Disney World. The staff is the best around - attentive, kind, and personable. The food is amazing - Lobster Bisque = YUM, Beef Short Ribs = YUM, all Desserts = YUM. The restaurant is a bit crowded and noisy, but nothing to take away from the experience.

I'm going to offer an opposing opinion: I am a Hard Core Foodie and not only own a meat business, but I also test recipes for a magazine. The food that was good was very good and the food that was mediocre or worse, was very medicore or worse. The flatbread and escargot apetizers were very good. the filet was good, the side dishes unremarkable. The shoe string potatoes had no flavor whatsoever and all of our side dishes were tepid. Neither dessert was anything to be remembered. Service was inattentive, but she did mention over and over that gratuity was not included. Not sure WHY she kept telling us this as we weren't even on the DP. It was not overly noisy, but the tables are very, very close together.

:love: We love Chefs... have been quite a few times and our meals were always very good. I will admit that when I have eaten in the inside eating area it has been much more crowded than in the atrium and front dining areas. I will also say that we had a party of 5, and I felt that they really stuck an extra chair on what should have been a table for 4. Aside from that, the food and dining experiences have always been top notch! It's a lot of fun to see illuminations from the dining room on the lagoon side.

pixiedust:

We ate there last spring and it was delish! I just ate there for a solo lunch a few weeks ago and it was so wonderful, love the food there!

It's ok, but we are in no hurry to get back. A little crowded and cramped, but most WDW restaurants can fit that description, honestly. Our server was pretty good, but the food was not nearly as good as we anticipated based on so many people raving about it. I think a lot of people eat there with rose colored glasses because it is "French" and automatically assume that French food = always amazing and far superior to all other foods on earth. Not true. I had the short ribs and DW had the filet and neither of us were thrilled or even came close to finishing the entree or sides. The onion soup was quite good. Dessert was ok but not mind blowing.

When we go back at any point it will be for lunch. Chefs is NOT a fine dining, upscale French experience (go upstairs to the Bistro de Paris if that is what you want) it is a busy sidewalk cafe - the French version of a Steak n' Shake, haha.

Yes it is crowded and loud...but MOST disney restaurants are loud and crowded.The food is excellent, we love this place and are going back again in Dec .

We really enjoy it! I love to order either the escargot or the french onion soup for an appetizer, they are both so delicious! I usually change my entree choice from time to time. The only time we had problem is when I ordered the duck, and it came out a little cool. Every other time we had wonderful service and great food. We really enjoy the atmosphere there. It is especially nice if you could get a window seat. It can get loud, but we never experienced anything overly loud, like we did at Coral Reef and Tutto.

They have incredible mac/cheese, and it's not the typical Disney kids mac and glop. We enjoy eating there, the escargot are wonderful and so is the Tuna.

We love Chef's de France. My boyfriend wants to go twice on our upcoming vacation! There is a great energy about the restaurant and soup to nuts the food is fantastic.

I ate there last October and while the food was very good I had a terrible server. Without going into details, I was basically ignored. I did voice my displeasure with the manager when I left and while he did get a tip, it was very obvious by the amount that I wasn't happy. I can't bring myself to "NOT" tip.

Would I go back? Maybe; the food was good.

We had a bad experience there. The hostess was downright rude and our waitress was inattentive. She brought took our order, brought our drinks and we never saw her again til she brought the check. We ate half our meal with nothing to drink. DH and I had steak and it was very tough, didn't even eat half of it and we are steak lovers. The creme brulee was watery, the one at Wolfgang Pucks was much better. The tables were very close together and crowded. We sat in the side room (solarium?) and people walking by outside would stop and look down at us - we felt like we were in a fish tank, lol. I will say the french onion soup was excellent, the best I've ever had anywhere. My son had the macaroni and cheese and it was pretty good too. I might give it another chance based on all the positive comments and the awesome soup. Maybe we went on an off night?

We had a bad experience there. The hostess was downright rude and our waitress was inattentive. She brought took our order, brought our drinks and we never saw her again til she brought the check. We ate half our meal with nothing to drink. DH and I had steak and it was very tough, didn't even eat half of it and we are steak lovers. The creme brulee was watery, the one at Wolfgang Pucks was much better. The tables were very close together and crowded. We sat in the side room (solarium?) and people walking by outside would stop and look down at us - we felt like we were in a fish tank, lol. I will say the french onion soup was excellent, the best I've ever had anywhere. My son had the macaroni and cheese and it was pretty good too. I might give it another chance based on all the positive comments and the awesome soup. Maybe we went on an off night?

You and I had a very similiar experience except my server was a young man and I wasn't next to the window.

We must have gone on a bad day. It's a very popular restaurant and I can't imagine people flocking to a restaurant with so so food and bad service. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter