Chef Silvio 2016

MoonPrincess25

Earning My Ears
The man and chef so cool that he must be the title of the post, he was a part of what made my family's first Disney Cruise back in 2013 so special! We heard great things about Palo but because my mom had a gluten allergy she was hesitant in what to ask for. Chef Silvio came out, offered to cook for my mom anything she liked, and broke out into a friendly conversation in Italian with my Step father. It turned out that my step father's grandparents came from the same part of Italy that Silvio came from. A day or so later, he found us on deck, gave us chocolate covered strawberries and asked us to come back for brunch. It was moments of memories like that that make me and my family smile till this day.

It looks as if someone here asked about his whereabouts once before to no avail. And I myself recently found an article that said he still hops between all the ships. But does anyone know which ship he is on lately? We are going to be on the Wonder again this Summer and it would be awesome if ended up being there at the same time. But if not, wishing you well, Chef Silvio, wherever you are! Know that you were a part of something that brought my family great joy!

Chef Silvio was on our sailing on the Magic from May 1-8. He is no longer the chef at Palo but has been promoted to executive sous chef for all of the restaurants on the Magic including the quick service. His replacement is a delightful young man named Salvatore who will be moving to the Wonder sometime soon.
We met Chef Silvio several years ago at Palo when he came out to talk to my DD about her vegetarian diet. He has become a good friend and we look forward to visiting with him each time we cruise on the Magic. On our last cruise, he had just returned from a month on the Fantasy so it seems he is still "hopping" between ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter