Chef Remy will no longer appear at Les Chefs de France

The why behind removing him is probably the same as removing the entertainment from ohana and removing extra magic hours from 3 hours to 2 hours they want to cut man hours. Disney seems to be all about cutting any extra magic they can these days to save a buck! Sad but I believe it to be true.

I don't WANT to believe this, but it is probably true. I suppose Disney needs to pay for the Fantasy Land expansion with some cost savings here and there. :confused3

Sad to see little Remy is going away. We are eating at Monsieur Paul the 25th and dont get into Orlando till late on the 24th so I cant make a quick Chefs de France lunch. Sad to miss Remy for one last time.

That's sad, we had a great experience visiting with Remy the last time we were there. We were just in DLP last week and saw him in the restaurant he stars in there, and they definitely have their own Remy, so I can't imagine it is Paris related...

Maybe they don't want kids eating there as often. :(

Remy was such a fun, unique experience. My little ones ADORED him. I can't believe they're taking him away.

BRING. BACK. REMY.

Very disappointed. We're arriving on Nov 30th, and our very first meal of our trip is lunch at CdF to see Remy. Glad I didn't share this little gem of magic with the kiddos yet.....:(

We went to CdF on 10/14 to see Remy since he was leaving. We had never seen him and were delighted by his appearance at our table! As we were leaving I mentioned Remy's departure to our waiter. He was surprised and shocked and stated he had no knowledge of Remy leaving. He also expressed doubt it would happen. Has anyone eaten there since Remy "left" on Oct 24?

The why behind removing him is probably the same as removing the entertainment from ohana and removing extra magic hours from 3 hours to 2 hours they want to cut man hours. Disney seems to be all about cutting any extra magic they can these days to save a buck! Sad but I believe it to be true.

What entertainment left Ohana?!?

Pulling up an old thread... What ever happened to Remy? Did he ever make a come-back? Even as a special occasional surprise? Or did he move to Disneyland Paris? Anyone know?

Welcome to the dark side padawan learner, or should i say realistic side. Disney has become the poster child for what is wrong with american businesses. Once Disney was about giving guests a great experience so they would keep returning and this was balanced by good financial performance. anchored in large part by the repeat guest.

now Disney has swung to a model which puts financial performance above all other goals and using the power of the Disney ‘brand’ they want to eliminate repeat customers and get ‘one and done’ customers to spend lots of money. They figure without the repeat customers no one will notice the cuts in quality and entertainment.

back to remy. By whacking ‘Little Chef’ Disney is probably saving $200-300,000 per year. But if the restaurant is still full well Disney will think it was a good business decision... I i never got to see Remy and i’m sad that i will not get to see him

whats not thought about in Disney’s calculus is what happens when the power of the Disney brand wanes due to sub par experiences noticeable even by newbies,

what then Does Disney sell the land to a developer????

Remy will have his own play space in Ratatouille in Hollywood Studios.

I guess Remy is still profitable for the Mouse.

Welcome to the dark side padawan learner, or should i say realistic side. Disney has become the poster child for what is wrong with american businesses. Once Disney was about giving guests a great experience so they would keep returning and this was balanced by good financial performance. anchored in large part by the repeat guest.

now Disney has swung to a model which puts financial performance above all other goals and using the power of the Disney ‘brand’ they want to eliminate repeat customers and get ‘one and done’ customers to spend lots of money. They figure without the repeat customers no one will notice the cuts in quality and entertainment.

back to remy. By whacking ‘Little Chef’ Disney is probably saving $200-300,000 per year. But if the restaurant is still full well Disney will think it was a good business decision... I i never got to see Remy and i’m sad that i will not get to see him

whats not thought about in Disney’s calculus is what happens when the power of the Disney brand wanes due to sub par experiences noticeable even by newbies,

When Bob retires And cashes out ? And other Bob follows soon after.

Last edited:
I was going to ask if the walk around character is scary or cute....I have only seen once at MK . Never again.
I did experience at Chef de France Remy under dome covered tray alacarte was best surprise ever!5E211157-E171-4B8F-A407-D97511CFCF42.png

I believe if Disney removes something or changes something and does not attract any type of reaction... they will continue to believe we do not care. It’s more than a memory .
It seems Universal Studios Orlando keeps all there showpieces in huge warehouses and finds ways to recycle to surprise and delight their guests. They even have a yearly warehouse garage sale inside Universal Studios... how awesome is that?

I don't think Disney is eliminating all repeat customers, they're trapping the ones with higher spending incomes with DVC

I don't think Disney is eliminating all repeat customers, they're trapping the ones with higher spending incomes with DVC

try doing a 1 - 2 week dvc reservation in the last 3-4 years no matter where you go or what season there will be 2-3 days with no availability anywhere at WDW, Disney wants the DVC buyers to fund their hotels. Actually having them USE the facilities is not part of Disney’s current calculus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter