Chef Mickey's?

Chef Mickey's for dinner?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

PLUTO2

Mouseketeer
Yes or no for dinner. Please only respond if you have eaten there within the last year for dinner.TIA

I personally didn't enjoy the dinner portion of the meal. There weren't that many options in my opinion that I have had at other buffets. It just seemed limited. The atmosphere is great though. I liked breakfast there better.

We gave it one more try for dinner on our trip in June, because we knew our two year old would enjoy it. We also had breakfast there on our December trip. We left dissapointed in both meals. We had been there several times in the past and weren't that crazy about it. But, we figured we owed it to the little guy (Paul, not Mickey) to give it another chance or two.

I can honestly say that's it for us. We won't be back. The food was unappetizing, picked over, and cold. The tables and buffet areas were messy. It was just pretty yucky overall. The characters were fine and the atmsophere is fun, but there are lots of other character meals with better food, IMHO.

One of our favs...ate late this year, Thurs before Pres day weekend, had to wait a long time to be seated - after 9:00 p.m for an 8:00 p.m PS. Had to "kill 1-1/2 hours", finally settled in the lounge area next to CM's.

Initially, we entertained ourselves watching a large, family, group, who were pounding them back @ the bar & kept telling everyone who would listen that they were medical doctors and how they get paid nothing (due to their national health care plan) compared to US doctors. Obviously, they made enough to jet into the Poly for a spur of the moment weekend trip.

Of course, we had the pleasure of dining next to them. Everyone knows that you remain seated & the Characters come to you, except this group. Despite the hostesses & manager repeatedly asking them to keep their kids @ the table & for the adults to stop pestering the Characters @ other tables; they made quite a ruckus. Their antics slowed the normally orderly Character procession down and their loud, boorish, behavior ruined the evening. I know WDW prides themselves on service, but I would have tossed them out after the 3rd or 4th warning.

Now, we're considering skipping it on the next trip; unless we dine early (before happy hour). We hope it was a fluke.

As for the food, it was the same as ever - slightly upscale buffet, with good choice of dessert offerings; priced right in my eyes.

I voted no. We had dinner at CM in May and it was just OK. The desserts were good and the character interaction was Ok, but the rest of the food was not that good.

Ate at CM for our third time last December and will be going for a fourth time this fall. The kids love it so we are happy because it is all about them anyway.

I voted no for dinner. :sad2: Had dined there for breakfast a few times and was happy, so I thought I'd give dinner a try. Worst meal I ever had on Disney property. :crazy2: Total waste of money in my honest opinion. Food was lousy and so was the service. :mad:

PLUTO2 said:
Yes or no for dinner. Please only respond if you have eaten there within the last year for dinner.TIA

CM has fallen off our dining list for a while. At one time it was quite enjoyable, but lately the food, even acknowledging the fact it's a buffet, has been coming up short. Our last 2 visits were just not very good. So, I would vote no. There are other ( and better ) places to bring the kids if they want to see characters.

I didn't vote because I've never been there but I have THanksgiving ressies this year. Can anyone comment on character interaction/fun vs. food? I booked this for our first night after a long day of travel mostly for the "ambience :rotfl2: ". If the food is edible, we'll be okay.

Brenda

I have read lots of bad reviews about CM for dinner but I have nothing but good things to say about it. We ate there for dinner the last week of April this year..it was great. My DS7, who is the most picky eater alive, loved the prime rib. DD10 loved the peel & eat shrimp. The characters came by so much, that at one point, I didn't think we were going to get to eat anymore.
They just kept coming. Donald was in the lobby greeting people & Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, & Goofy were there. Upon arriving, your group's picture is taken in the lobby. Ours came out really nice & we bought the package.

We ate at CM in May for breakfast and dinner and have another breakfast and dinner to go to next week. We loved it-- it is typical buffet fare food, character interaction is GREAT and the singing and dancing they do about every 30 mins or so was lots of fun! My three old loved it and it's all he talks about. If you don't mind buffets and don't have super high food standards it's great!

Thanks. That was what I was hoping for, great character interaction with edible food :sunny: We'll get great food and no characters at many of our meals so this one is for the kids and I'm hoping a great way to start the vacation without using a park ticket for 1/2 day on an extremely busy day. But those kids gotta have Mickey asap :earsboy:

We've done both breakfast and dinner. Our dinner was in Nov and we loved it!! ::MickeyMo It's not the best food you'll ever have, but it was good enough. We enjoyed it. The kids loved making their desserts after dinner, the characters were GREAT, especially Goofy, and the service was great too! Go and Enjoy!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

We ate dinner there about 9 months ago. We really enjoyed it! The food isn't gourmet but it's decent, the atmosphere is a bit noisy and hectic.

We ate there in February and had a later (8pm) seating. They were still refilling the serving stations for us at closing time and the characters were great, coming around several times. The food was good, the prime rib and garlic mashies were great.

I like CP better, but will go to CM's again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter