• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey's?

Laurie1985

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! We are planning to have a day where we relax and not visit any parks. We would like to do a sit down meal sometime during the day. What are you thoughts on Chef Mickey's? We aren't really 'fancy food' people. Any other suggestions?

Do you have kids? How old?

Chef Mickey has a reputation for bad food, but to me it's just food. I'm not a "fancy food" person either, so as long as someone else cooks it, I'm good with it! I like Chef Mickey because..... where else can you eat with a monorail overhead? It's just fun.

Another option if you want a character meal is 1900 Park Fare. Tons of fun with the stepsisters.

Those are both great choices for a non-park day. Another option is breakfast at Cape May.

Good choices with kids:
  • Cape May brekkie
  • Ohana brekkie or dinner
  • Whispering Canyon, any meal
  • Trail's End, any meal
Comedy option for the more adventurous: Boma breakfast or dinner, or Sanaa lunch or dinner. I especially recommend Sanaa lunch.

We sometimes like to do a Chef Mickey breakfast before heading over to Disney Springs, then have dinner at Earl of Sandwich, or if breakfast is early enough, Ohana. We've never found breakfast there to be terrible. It's not the best food on property, but I've never thought it was gross. My family has made some great memories and taken some of our favorite pictures at Chef Mickey's, and that is really the biggest draw of the place.

Hey everyone! We are planning to have a day where we relax and not visit any parks. We would like to do a sit down meal sometime during the day. What are you thoughts on Chef Mickey's? We aren't really 'fancy food' people. Any other suggestions?
I think you would really enjoy Chef Mickey's, especially if you have younguns with you!
As PP have said, the food is not outstanding, but the characters are a lot of fun, the vibe is contagious, and you won't have to hurry! So relax and enjoy!

Can you walk in at chef mickeys? No reservations left but if we get there at 5 will they do that?

You will get VERY mixed reviews on Chef Mickeys. There are many people who will tell you how terrible the food is, that the restaurant is loud, dirty, etc. I have the opposite opinion. We actually really enjoy Chef Mickey's, not so much for the food but for the overall experience. It is really fun for kids. You get bright, fun decor, the monorail passing though, and the fab 5....it's quintessential Disney IMO. The food is neither the best nor the worst I've eaten (we've only been for breakfast). If you do want to go, definitely get a reservation.

We did exactly that last summer. A relaxed, no park day that started out with a Chef Mickey s brunch!

I chose This option , so that we could fully enjoy the Chef Mickey's experience (as it was our first time) without having to rush! Then we went and leisurely visited a resort , before heading back to ours for some pool time - followed by a visit to Disney springs. Great day! Really felt relaxed and 'on vacation'

I will add that we chose Chef Micheys so that the kids could have some one-on-one time w the fab 5! Also, because we had never been before. We had a large table by the windows , so it provided a nice view. Everybody enjoyed their food selections. Some did not at first, and then simply switched that item for something else. At the end, everyone enjoyed their food. There was something that each person liked!

Edited to add: we were 8 people (2 children)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter