• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Chef Mickey's

carlypaigesmom

Mouseketeer
We are heading to the world in March and on the first night I was thinking Chef Mickey's and then Magic Kingdom. But now I'm doubting myself and still have time to think about it before 180 days comes up in September. What do you think about Chef Mickey's?

Tentative other plans:
Sunday: Be our gues quck service/Via Napoli
Monday: AK Rainforest
Tuesday: Ohana
Wednesday: Breakfast in Norway
Thursday: Mama Melrose

I like Chef Mickey as a first night meal. I think it would depend on when you arrive and how ling before you schedule dinner, and the park hours. I like a big window between arrival and dinner, and I do not like to rush anywhere.

It could be a great way to jump right into the fun by meeting the Boss himself! But I agree it depends on your arrival time and what hotel you are staying at if it will be a nice relaxing dinner and then MK time or a rush rush rush!

Lots of people on these boards don't like Chef Mickey's. It is very loud and busy but we thought the food was good. I think its great for families with young children who like characters. Buffets are great with kids because they don't have to wait for food and there are lots of choices. If you don't have young kids or if eating there will be a timing issue I wouldn't do it.

I love Chef Mickey's as a place to sort of "kick off" the trip and start with the characters there. Great photo ops, without standing in line in the park. (If that is your thing) I like the food for dinner there too. The filet mignon is great, lots of variety.

Chef Mickey's doesn't get a lot of love on these boards, but we've never had a bad meal there. We think the atmosphere is fun and we always enjoy the character interaction. I think CM would be a great way to start a vacation!

I, too,enjoy Chef Mickeys. Please be aware, even at 180 days, you may not be able to get a ressie for your arrival night since it's so popular. You maybe better off trying to get a ressie near the end of your trip. Good luck!

What do you think about Chef Mickey's?

Our Ratings of Chef Mickey's: (*rev 3/21/2016*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: C

NOTE1: As with most character meals, you are paying for the characters, and possibly atmosphere, but not the food.

NOTE2Food is ample, but quality only average or even slightly below. Unfortunately, we believe the food quality has gone down hill significantly. During this visit, characters really breezed through, and did not spend a lot of time with the children. Even with our opinion that CM has gone downhill, this meal took the bar even below our dreams. We saw one person refer to it as "Chef Icky's".

We have always enjoyed our meals at Chef Mickey! I love getting character autographs/pics without having to waste park time to do so! The food has always been excellent, and there is something for everyone! Plenty of options. I don't understand why it gets a bad rap here. They take your picture at the beginning, and I was happy to see it is now included in the Photopass/Memory Maker....no more shelling out $30+ for an obligatory picture. You can usually get a reservation closer to your date of travel, but it's usually a late meal. We ate an 8:20 meal. Around 9, the place really emptied out and we had the characters all to ourselves!

Never understood the hate for Chef Mickeys. This is our tradition to kick off the trip here, and last November was one of our better meals we had. Yes it is a little on the expensive side, but there is no better way to say you are in Disney than a dinner at CM!!! Our reservation is already booked for our November trip this year, and I can't wait.

Is Chef Mickeys loud? Yes. Why? It is full of adults and children having the time of their lives. Do you enjoy having fun? Then why wouldn't you want to be part of the "noise" that is the Magic of Disney. The food is always good, the service-well you do have to get up and fill your plate. One of the reasons I go here. I get what I want and as much as I want. It just wouldn't be a trip for my wife and I without Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare with Cindy and the crew and the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. Oh, by the way, I'm 62 years old and the noise and commotion tells me I'm in the right place.

We always kick off our trips with dinner at Chef Mickey's. We typically arrive at MK around noon, so we do our park time and then head to dinner around 7 PM. Afterwards, we head to the hotel for an early bedtime after all the traveling and excitement of Day 1. It has become our tradition and we look forward to it each and every time. Can't wait to be there in 23 days!

We had such a great time at CM a few weeks ago. I hadn't planned to go, because I had read so many terrible reviews, but it was my daughter's birthday trip, and she kept asking if Mickey had invited us to eat in his restaurant, so I had to take her. I thought the food was just fine, and there was a great variety. My kids loved it, and I couldn't figure out why people hate it so much. It's not cheap, so keep that in mind. But they specially made my baby some fries, as she was really tired and not feeling good and it's the only thing I knew she would eat. They all loved seeing all the characters. It was a highlight actually!

I have always liked the atmosphere in chef Mickey's. But I think the prices are OUTRAGEOUS and the food is not worth the price at all. Edible, mediocre. Nothing special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter