Chef Mickey's

Phillip Williams

Mouseketeer
Went to Disney Sept 2014 and stayed at the Bay Lake Tower. While we were there using our meal plan we ate dinner at Chef Mickey's was disappointed with the food. The character atmosphere was great but I felt the food was not that great. Am I the only person that feels this way?

We personally only like Chef Mickeys for the convenience that it's our resort and the characters - wasn't as much a fan of character interaction last time though - very rushed

No, we didn't care for it either. It was kind of like one of those "been there, done that" things. The food was okay, but not great and felt the character interaction was lacking. There were no children at our table so I initially though that was the reason for the dull character interaction, but after observing them with tables full of kids I realized that their experience wasn't any different than our own! Also, the noise level is extremely loud inside the restaurant! I would have been highly disappointed if we would have paid OOP for this meal!

We ate there last week and thought the food was pretty good in comparison to our other ADRs such as Akershus. IMO no WDW food is all that great. CRT is still the best meal we have had there.

We ate there last week and thought the food was pretty good in comparison to our other ADRs such as Akershus. IMO no WDW food is all that great. CRT is still the best meal we have had there.

And you will have 50 people tell you that CRT was the worst meal at Disney...we love Chef Mickey's and is a must-do for dinner and breakfast.

And you will have 50 people tell you that CRT was the worst meal at Disney...we love Chef Mickey's and is a must-do for dinner and breakfast.
So true. It is all a matter of preference. I read all the negative reviews of Chef Mickey before we left. I almost cancelled the ADR. I'm so happy I didn't. The food was good, it wasn't too loud and the characters were great. DH claims Mama Melrose was the absolute best steak he ever had. All a matter of preference.

We have an ADR this trip so I am hopeful that we food will be good. Everyone has an opinion so I am not canceling.

I liked the food and atmosphere better at Ohana's. Not the same characters (and I don't have kids yet), but I definitely do think CM is overrated.

Went to Disney Sept 2014 and stayed at the Bay Lake Tower. While we were there using our meal plan we ate dinner at Chef Mickey's was disappointed with the food. The character atmosphere was great but I felt the food was not that great. Am I the only person that feels this way?

Do a search here. Someone posts a complaint about CM's food every 2nd or 3rd day here. You have lots of company. Personally, we like breakfast but not dinner.

Do a search here. Someone posts a complaint about CM's food every 2nd or 3rd day here. You have lots of company. Personally, we like breakfast but not dinner.

Yep i was going to say the same. Funny thing is i would go again even though the food wasn't great. I liked the atmosphere and the characters but that's all.

I think CM is very overrated, but it's a must do for me every trip, just for the Fab Five in one place. We've done breakfast (can't really mess that up), but were not impressed with their dinner selections. I just scheduled brunch there and i've read it's mostly breakfast foods, so fingers crossed it's good!

My DD suggested I book CM for our first DIsney meal when we all went for my DGD first trip. My 4 YO Tinkerbell was totally enchanted. I don't rememebt the food that night, but I do remember every minute of our famiy enjoying the characters with her, and with us as well. WE have been back a few times since, and again, I remember eating but the interactions with the CM's and the characters stand out more for me.

This August we are taking two little girls with us on their first trip, and DD once again asked for CM as the first meal for them. I think she is right, and i really do hope that we remember those precious moments when they get to meet their "friends" for the first time.

For me, there are some things that Disney does so well, and we have been Blessed that during every trip we have taken, we have experienced classic Disney charm in the character meals. I know that a lot of people really do not like CM, but we have never been disappointed there, whereas our Tusker House breakfast was a let down. The food was good (funny I seldom remember the food at character meals) but the character interaction was sporatic at best, and IMO rushed when they finally got around to us. So I guess you have to see for yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter