• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey's

lynnlee22

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are planning a trip to Disneyworld on November 19-23. I managed (finally!) to get a reservation for Chef Mickey's at 9:00 pm on 11/23. I'm a little concerned about the time being so late. Will we be rushed out the door without any character interaction?

Also, we will be in Epcot that entire day and we are driving our own car. Will we be able to take the monorail over to the resort and leave our car in the parking area at Epcot or should we drive from Epcot to the resort?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just trying to figure all this out. :confused3 Thanks.

I have never had a late dinner but I did have the last seating for breakfast this year. I did not feel rushed at all and I felt the character interaction was wonderful. As for the monorail, if you are at Epcot you can take the monorail to the Contemporary.

Have a great time,
Cassie

I have never had a late dinner but I did have the last seating for breakfast this year. I did not feel rushed at all and I felt the character interaction was wonderful. As for the monorail, if you are at Epcot you can take the monorail to the Contemporary.

Have a great time,
Cassie

I can't speak of CM's per se but we had a couple of late ADR's last trip and we never once felt rushed. As for the monorail, I would check the final run time. If EPCOT closes at 9 then you might run into some problems getting back to the EPCOT lot to get your car.

I'm so glad you asked this question!

We snagged a late CM ressie on 11/29 (9:20pm), since we'll already be at the MK for MVMCP. I grabbed it because, well, it's CM and I'll take what I can get. :rotfl: However, I, too worried that we'd be rushed. Glad to know we'll likely be okay. However, I never thought about the monorail situation (we're staying at SSR, so we figured we'd monorail back to the MK, then grab the SSR bus...)

I can't speak for Dinner, but we have had late breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's and took our time, ate leisurely and didn't feel rushed at all. Also seems like the character interaction was even better, because as people cleared out there were fewer for them to interact with.

Our (then) 18 month year old daughter had a great interaction with Pluto as she tried to follow him out of the restaurant.

Also, we will be in Epcot that entire day and we are driving our own car. Will we be able to take the monorail over to the resort and leave our car in the parking area at Epcot or should we drive from Epcot to the resort?

If it were me, I'd drive to the Contemporary from EPCOT. Otherwise after dinner, there would be an extra trip (with transfer) just to get back to the car to drive to our hotel.

We're staying at the Contemporary, and I was thinking of doing Chef Mickey for breakfast, since we'll be there. Don't mind the craziness, and as long as the Mad Hatter is not there, I'll be okay. I love omelets, and wonder if that is a menu option, especially one where you can build your own. Wonder what else is on the menu. Also, is it a self serve buffet, or do you tell the waitress what you want?

And lastly, how many TS credits does it take? We'll be on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we're not too limited. I'm thinking if we do Chef Mickey and pig out, we might take that day to do Food and Wine (we're going next October), and hit the booths the rest of the day. So Chef Mickey will be our "big meal" of the day.

I'm so glad you asked this question!

We snagged a late CM ressie on 11/29 (9:20pm), since we'll already be at the MK for MVMCP. I grabbed it because, well, it's CM and I'll take what I can get. :rotfl: However, I, too worried that we'd be rushed. Glad to know we'll likely be okay. However, I never thought about the monorail situation (we're staying at SSR, so we figured we'd monorail back to the MK, then grab the SSR bus...)

You're going to leave the Christmas party to have dinner at Chef Mickey's at 9:20 pm?? :scared1: Why??? The party tickets aren't cheap, and you will have to leave around 8:45 to get to the CR for dinner. I would really advise against doing that. You're going to miss the majority of the party. Dinner at CM is not worth it at all.

As a former castmember, I used to recommend late ressies to guests as an insider secret- you typically end up getting more character interaction and better service.

We did CM twice on our last visit and had late reservations on both occasions. One was for breakfast and one was for dinner. This was probably the best character interaction we had on the entire trip. At breakfast the characters were getting in the floor to play with my 2 year old and he still talks about it almost 2 months later. It was an accident that we got a reservation this late, but I will definitely be doing it again. It was a fabulous experience for us. However, I would probably drive because the monorail may be closed after your meal. On our late dinner night we just got lucky and caught the last monorail of the night back to MK.

We're staying at the Contemporary, and I was thinking of doing Chef Mickey for breakfast, since we'll be there. Don't mind the craziness, and as long as the Mad Hatter is not there, I'll be okay. I love omelets, and wonder if that is a menu option, especially one where you can build your own. Wonder what else is on the menu. Also, is it a self serve buffet, or do you tell the waitress what you want?

And lastly, how many TS credits does it take? We'll be on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we're not too limited. I'm thinking if we do Chef Mickey and pig out, we might take that day to do Food and Wine (we're going next October), and hit the booths the rest of the day. So Chef Mickey will be our "big meal" of the day.

This only takes 1 TS credit. They do offer omelets and you can tell them what you want in your omelet. It is also a self service buffet. The only thing you don't get yourself is your drinks. The waitress takes care of those for you. I would definitely recommend doing this. Hope you have a great trip.

This wasn't offered on Friday, November 11.

Sorry, I could have given the wrong information. We ate at so many places on that trip that some of it is running together. It could be CP that I am thinking of. I know for sure DH had one at CP, but he also had one somewhere else. Now I am confused and I will have to ask him when he gets home where else he ate an omelet at.

We had an 8:45 pm appointment once and never felt rushed at all. In fact I don't think we were seated until well after 9pm.

What is considered a "late" reservation for breakfast? I can get a 9:00 reso but it's our first of three days at WDW and I'm wondering if it's too late...

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter